ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EV Tour TX1152 - TX2181 opinions  (Read 15136 times)

Chris Strack

Re: EV Tour TX1152 - TX2181 opinions
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »

Roland here is my 2 cents for what it's worth. I happen to be a guitar player in a 4 piece Classic Rock band. The band owns all of its own PA Equipment. I bought the EV Tour TX1152 about a year ago or so and I absolutely love the boxes. We mostly use them over two Powered subs but we have also used the TX1152 for some smaller clubs we have played and they have performed great by themselves. Probably the biggest show we did with them with subs was 250-300 people.

But to answer your last question I listened to a ton of speakers in their price range and slightly above. I listened to the powered QSC HPR & K Series, JBL MXR 515, Mackies SRM450v2 and SR1521 and other EV's like ZX4 & ZX5, EV Eliminators. I just kept coming back to the TX1152.

I know a lot of people on this board seem to like QSC's HPR & K series but to me they weren't even close. To be honest I thought I would buy the QSC HPR when I started out, but my ears said buy the EV Tours. I am not bashing the QSC's I just didn't like them nearly as much as the EV tours.

Since my band has moved to the EV TX1152 we have had lots of compliments from people who come out to see us a lot about how much better we sound with them. A lot of that has come from friends who are musicians as well and probably more critical then the average joe.

Not sure if what I am saying will be popular here on this board but I am sticking to it. I would buy the EV Tours again tomorrow if my EV Tours fell off a back of a truck and were damaged or something.

I cannot speak to the subs as I don't own them and haven't heard them yet. I am about to start looking to upgrade my subs and the Tour Sub will for sure get a good listen. I will say I did listen to the EV TX1152 with QSC HPR181 powered subs and love that combo. But I have not compared various subs yet.

GOOD LUCK ..........
Chris
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.