ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on this stage plot/ input list?  (Read 5534 times)

Zack Slater

Opinions on this stage plot/ input list?
« on: May 23, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »

Hey all,

After a lot of research and time spent at looking at a lot of stage plots and input lists, I'm almost done with one for the band I work for.  There are a few things that haven't been finalized with our management, such as out in ears (where were getting them, renting or buying, ect) so that's why there is nothing on the sheet confirming the in ears.  Anyways, my main reason for posting this is the stage plot.  Does it make sense to you?  Would you as a house engineer, headliner BE, or anyone else be confused by this?  Any and all criticisms are welcome, I'd rather have someone here tell me now, "This makes no sense!!", rather than at the gig.  Thanks

-Looking back now, I've seen a few plots with numbers on them designating where each input is.  Should I do that, or would that just make it look more cluttered?

index.php/fa/30313/0/

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
Re: Opinions on this stage plot/ input list?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 01:38:12 PM »

Looks excellent as is. Looks like it will even survive the inevitable multiple fax generations.

One question: Are you carrying DIs also? How about cables? (These may be answered in the rider, I suppose.)

Everything else is crystal clear to me.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 03:47:20 PM »

Zack Slater wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 10:22

Hey all,

After a lot of research and time spent at looking at a lot of stage plots and input lists, I'm almost done with one for the band I work for.  There are a few things that haven't been finalized with our management, such as out in ears (where were getting them, renting or buying, ect) so that's why there is nothing on the sheet confirming the in ears.  Anyways, my main reason for posting this is the stage plot.  Does it make sense to you?  Would you as a house engineer, headliner BE, or anyone else be confused by this?  Any and all criticisms are welcome, I'd rather have someone here tell me now, "This makes no sense!!", rather than at the gig.  Thanks

-Looking back now, I've seen a few plots with numbers on them designating where each input is.  Should I do that, or would that just make it look more cluttered?

looks good.

I put the input-channel numbers by each instrument/amp/whatever because it's easy to see at a glance what goes where when wiring the stage. Also my input list is a separate page from the stage plot.

re:I agree with what Milt says about the DI. Indicate if you are bringing it or need it. Some people interpret "bringing all mics" as including the DI and others don't.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »

It's polarity, not phase. Wink

otherwise, looks good. Are you carrying cables?

And I wonder where you got that D6 on floor toms idea. Smile

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Zack Slater

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »

I will be carrying my own DIs as well so I should write that well be carrying our own mics and DIs.  I was thinking about bringing my own cables with the mics, but then I was wondering about bringing sub snakes.  I'm thinking that eventually I'll start bringing my own cables, subsnakes, stands and everything once we get our in ear rig.  

Evan - I definetly owe you some credit for the D6 on the floor toms ha

Zack Slater

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »

Also,

I'm using an SM94 on the hats right now.  I was thinking about getting an extra SM81 to replace the SM94 for that hats.  Any opinions on SM94s?  I bought the pair a while back, before buying the 81s.  Would it be worth it to buy an SM81 or do you think the 94 is alright?

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 05:24:55 PM »

Zack Slater wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 17:12

Also,

I'm using an SM94 on the hats right now.  I was thinking about getting an extra SM81 to replace the SM94 for that hats.  Any opinions on SM94s?  I bought the pair a while back, before buying the 81s.  Would it be worth it to buy an SM81 or do you think the 94 is alright?

After using both for many performances, I prefer the sound and feature-set of the  SM81 over the SM94.  The positioning was always the same (okay, okay...as close as possible to "same") and the hihat and drummer were the same each time.  The HPF on the 81 was nice for using it with hihat and choirs, too.  I also liked using the Rode NT5; more compact and affordable.
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

Zack Slater

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »

I'll probably go for it and just get another 81.  In the long run it will be better to have as it can be used on other things.  Also, good point about the Rode NT5.  You think an NT5 or something small like an e614 would be okay for a crowd mic?  It's just for In Ear purposes, not recording or anything.

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »

Zack Slater wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 17:12

Also,

I actually prefer the SM94 to the SM81 on Hat. SM81 is a little too crispy and thin for me on hat. I think the SM94 is a little smoother for hat, for me at least.

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 11:48:53 PM »

Zack Slater wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 14:12

Also,

I have two SM81s. I like them.

For hi-hat and ride, a pair of AT Pro37s will cost what one SM81 costs, and will be perfect for the application.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.