ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on this stage plot/ input list?  (Read 4575 times)

Walter Wright

Re: Opinions on this stage plot/ input list?
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 12:22:55 am »

loungie piping in with a question, here:

gate on hats?
Professional Guitar Repair Tech,
Semi-professional Sound Guy

Zack Slater

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 12:39:48 am »

Andy Peters wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 23:48

For hi-hat and ride, a pair of AT Pro37s will cost what one SM81 costs, and will be perfect for the application.

-a

I'll check out the Pro37s.  The small size and low price make it look great already.  Thanks for the tip

As for the gate on that hats, it's just my way of trying to keep the garbage out.

waldo [Casey Williams]

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 03:06:38 am »

Walter Wright wrote

gate on hats?

No.

Edit: Ah, you mean why is there a gate listed on the input list. Good question!
___waldo___

Jason Tubbs

• http://www.xenu.net
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 11:44:53 am »

Zack Slater wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 00:39

Andy Peters wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 23:48

For hi-hat and ride, a pair of AT Pro37s will cost what one SM81 costs, and will be perfect for the application.

-a

I'll check out the Pro37s.  The small size and low price make it look great already.  Thanks for the tip

As for the gate on that hats, it's just my way of trying to keep the garbage out.

You'll find that the Pro37 is a real "Swiss Army knife".  Any time you find yourself thinking "what the heck is that instrument and what mic should I use on it?" - a Pro37 will usually yield good results.

jt
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion"  - L. Ron Hubbard

Mike Kivett

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 04:34:16 pm »

Quote:

You'll find that the Pro37 is a real "Swiss Army knife".  Any time you find yourself thinking "what the heck is that instrument and what mic should I use on it?" - a Pro37 will usually yield good results.

jt

I feel the same way about Crown CM-700s.  

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 07:09:47 pm »

Mike Kivett wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 16:34

Quote:

jt

I agree with both you guys.

However, the CM700 is $300.00, and the PRO37 is a buck & a quarter.

Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 10:12:10 pm »

Dave Dermont wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 19:09

Quote:

jt

It's definitely possible to find some good deals (and worth the extra effort) if you look in the right places. I bought a matched pair of CM-700s off of someone via Sweetwater's Trading Post; they cost me $300 shipped.  I have found that the off-axis coloring so typical with other mics is practically non-existent with the CM-700s.  Great find, great buy.

(To the OP: also be sure to check out older threads that were never "SOLD" or put on fleaBay...often, people still have the gear lying around and may be willing to part with it for an even LOWER price.)

To that end, I post this little gem of a link.  Maybe someone here will be interested in buying it.
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

Zack Slater

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 01:23:27 am »

Jordan Wolf wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 22:12

Dave Dermont wrote on Mon, 24 May 2010 19:09

Quote:

jt

It's definitely possible to find some good deals (and worth the extra effort) if you look in the right places. I bought a matched pair of CM-700s off of someone via Sweetwater's Trading Post; they cost me $300 shipped.  I have found that the off-axis coloring so typical with other mics is practically non-existent with the CM-700s.  Great find, great buy.

(To the OP: also be sure to check out older threads that were never "SOLD" or put on fleaBay...often, people still have the gear lying around and may be willing to part with it for an even LOWER price.)

To that end, I post this little gem of a link.  Maybe someone here will be interested in buying it.

For only $350!?!  I might just stick with the 94s and buy that!

Dave Barnett

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 01:48:04 am »

Andy Peters wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 22:48

Zack Slater wrote on Sun, 23 May 2010 14:12

Also,

I'm using an SM94 on the hats right now.  I was thinking about getting an extra SM81 to replace the SM94 for that hats.  Any opinions on SM94s?  I bought the pair a while back, before buying the 81s.  Would it be worth it to buy an SM81 or do you think the 94 is alright?

I have two SM81s. I like them.

-a

I agree, the Pro37 is a real sleeper.

Royce Covington

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 02:16:52 am »

at a glance it looks pretty good!

a couple of things i would have done slightly differently would be;
for mic-stand symbols on the plot, use a different symbol for short and tall, such as open-circle for short, solid-circle for tall, etc.  perhaps, also placing the corresponding input number within the symbol would help keep things straight.

on the input list, just as is indicated on the plot, identify the persons names on vocal mic channels, etc.

as for the mic's, i would likely take the SM94 over the SM81.  I have some KSM109s which are similar to the 94 in size, which work well also.  the AT pro37 are great and well worth the price.

R~
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.