ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Do I Go?  (Read 9877 times)

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

Re: Where Do I Go?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »

Thanks guys, alot of good information to chew on.

I actually got asked today to leave Thursday for 35 days tech'ing (and even getting to engineer a bit)for a small tour. I am confirming it tomorrow and getting the itinerary and details, this will be my first tour. I know I'm going to learn alot. I need to try to find a few of the threads I've recently seen on here regarding going out on your first tour and whatnot. I've never used an LS-9 before so this will be new to me.

Now that I am in with this company, I think it will help me out in the future, the next time they need me.
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »

Aaron Talley wrote on Mon, 17 May 2010 00:30

I did an event and hired some first rate ops that work for other companies that I cross rent to and from on a regular basis. Guy1 heard guy2 telling the producer that the company he worked for had better gear and the producer should give guy2 a call next time he had an event. Guy1 told Guy3 and myself what he saw and Guy1 and Guy3 said they would make sure Guy2 didn't work with their companies shows again.

I fill in for competitors sometimes, and when asked where the regular people are I say "I'm filling in for guy/company."  I don't give out a business card or my phone number unless someone directly asks me, and even then I try to politely avoid it.  I feel anything else would be dishonest.

benjamin fisher wrote on Mon, 17 May 2010 22:04

I've never used an LS-9 before so this will be new to me.

Use the Yamaha offline editor a bunch before you go on the road.  It does not have all the functions of the actual mixer but it will help you familiarize yourself with many operations.

And if you can't stay on tour or can't make enough money doing it, get a day job.  If you can get a day job at a music store that might help you network with local musicians, too; and maybe give you cheap access to a rental inventory.  I can't imagine trying to pay bills with a Yamaha Club rig.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »

benjamin fisher wrote on Mon, 17 May 2010 22:04

I've never used an LS-9 before so this will be new to me.

Use the Yamaha offline editor a bunch before you go on the road.  It does not have all the functions of the actual mixer but it will help you familiarize yourself with many operations.

And if you can't stay on tour or can't make enough money doing it, get a day job.  If you can get a day job at a music store that might help you network with local musicians, too; and maybe give you cheap access to a rental inventory.  I can't imagine trying to pay bills with a Yamaha Club rig.[/quote]
Yeah, I am surprised its worked for almost 2 years. My bills are pretty low though, guess thats why.

I'll check out the offline editor, thanks!!
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.