ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixers with mono output  (Read 7152 times)

Craig Smith

Re: Mixers with mono output
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 11:55:48 PM »

Mike McNany wrote on Mon, 17 May 2010 11:36

The pre-FX model Peavey mixers, the RQ2310, 2314, & 2318, all have an additional mono output. Decent prices used, too. I own a RQ2314 model and mixed on the 2318 model Saturday night.

These models have balanced XLR outs, bonus for smaller mixers. Mic channel numbers are actually 2 less than model number, the upper two channels have stereo inputs AND mic channels, actually useable at the same time. Lower numbered channels have inserts, upper 4 do not. Next 2 channels below the stereo line capable ones have a PAD and a POLARITY switch on each channel. Like earlier peavey models, they have aux outputs with the pre-fade ones marked FX and the post fade ones marked monitor and even have master moniotr faders for those.

I like this series a lot. Last I knew they still made & sold them in Peavey's Architechural (sp?)  Applications (AA) series.

Mike McNany

I'll check them out, thanks.

Craig Smith

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Mon, 17 May 2010 12:45

Yup, I remember the sales rep who suggested that mono out... Since so much live PA using these mixers is mono, having a mono sum post the L/R bus with individual L and R faders allows the L & R buses to be used as sub masters, making the simple 2-bus mixer a lot more powerful in the right hands.

JR

I like it.

Craig Smith

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

Stephen Payne wrote on Mon, 17 May 2010 15:51

My A&H Zed 14 has stereo and mono outs. I think all the Zeds do.

Yeah, the A&H mixers all have a mono out; I don't understand why so few others do.  I wish they made a smaller one.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.