Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Recommend diffusion

(1/1)

Aaron_McQueen:
We've got 8 Leviton Leo Ellipsoidals pointed at our stage.  I'd like to add some diffusion to these to take off the edge and the glare.  What do use for diffusion?  I tried Roscolux #114 but it pretty much blocked the light. 

Collin Donohue:

--- Quote from: Aaron_McQueen on March 10, 2011, 12:23:33 PM ---We've got 8 Leviton Leo Ellipsoidals pointed at our stage.  I'd like to add some diffusion to these to take off the edge and the glare.  What do use for diffusion?  I tried Roscolux #114 but it pretty much blocked the light.

--- End quote ---

Rosco 119 works well. We have it by the roll.

Ric Arnold:
Lee 253 Full Hampshire Frost
Lee 256 1/2 Hampshire Frost
Lee 257 1/4 Hampshire Frost
Lee 258 1/8 Hampshire Frost
are all great for diffusion.
Glare is a different issue. It's usually something that people unfamiliar with being on a stage say about the lights that are pointed at them.
Glare is more light from the front in , directly in your eyes. If that's the issue then you could place the lights more from a sideways angle. i.e. crossing the stage front.

Kevin Hoober:

--- Quote from: Aaron_McQueen on March 10, 2011, 12:23:33 PM ---We've got 8 Leviton Leo Ellipsoidals pointed at our stage.  I'd like to add some diffusion to these to take off the edge and the glare.  What do use for diffusion?  I tried Roscolux #114 but it pretty much blocked the light.

--- End quote ---

Hey Aaron,
I find R 114 is a little much for a leko.  I like R 119 (light Hamburg frost) in my shorter throws (up to (or is is down to?) 19 deg) and am now liking R 140 (subtle Hamburg Frost) in my longer throws (14deg and 10deg).  The subtle Hamburg frost is...well, subtle--it does a nice job of easing the edges w/o spilling light everywhere.

All that to say; if R114 was way too much, try R 140.

Kevin H.

EmilBarnabas:
Sliding the lens barrel in or out a little might take off enough edge without having to use any diffusion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version