ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MAC Lighting Software  (Read 2752 times)

Karl P(eterson)

Re: MAC Lighting Software
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 07:40:40 pm »

James Feenstra wrote on Wed, 26 May 2010 19:29

After the demo I got of Byron a few months ago I'd be hard pressed to buying an ma over that console considering the power integrated in it that ma doesn't begin to come close too, even for large scale shows. Ma will stick around for a while (just like hog did when ma came out), but I definitely see jands taking back a sizeable portion of the market once people get familiar with the desk

can't speak too much about the new features though, they want to keep it pretty hush hush until the release

Tell me about it, I am a reasonable customer and even after getting the OK to see a new demo of it they shut it down right before it started, furthermore they have promised me repeatedly an ETA on Byron but each ETA i got was blown past, now they aren't talking much at all.

It's more or less ok as the consoles work great as-is, but I am really looking forward to at least some news.

In any event, hopefully soon.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 07:47:19 pm »

Matthew Haber wrote on Wed, 26 May 2010 19:36

James Feenstra wrote on Wed, 26 May 2010 18:29

After the demo I got of Byron a few months ago I'd be hard pressed to buying an ma over that console considering the power integrated in it that ma doesn't begin to come close too, even for large scale shows. Ma will stick around for a while (just like hog did when ma came out), but I definitely see jands taking back a sizeable portion of the market once people get familiar with the desk

can't speak too much about the new features though, they want to keep it pretty hush hush until the release

I will admit that with the addition of the command line entry option and what sounds like some new and improved media server integration, the Vista looks like it is going to be pretty sweet. Despite my general dislike for it, I do use a T2 on a regularish basis so I look forward to the free update to Byron when it comes out. I do like some of the ideas that they have going so I am more than open to reconsidering my stance on the Vista. It is worth mentioning that the grandMA2 is pretty amazing as well so Jands is up against some stiff competition.

The MA2 is a great option, and I wish Jands had capability for motorized faders with such a great page system on the surface.

The MA surfaces however are vastly more expensive than Vista's. While I agree the Vista line isn't "cheap" it certainly isn't as expensive as MA.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Matthew Haber

• http://www.matthewhaber.com
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 07:50:06 pm »

While it is true that the full size grandMA2 is waay more than a T2 or even T4, my understanding is that the grandMA2 Ultra Light isn't much more than a T2. I could be off on that though since I'm not really in the market for either.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 13 queries.