ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help picking the right system  (Read 962 times)

Joe Adkins

Need help picking the right system
« on: May 04, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »

I have a small audio and DJ rental company. I am looking to buy a medium sized system in the next few weeks. I've been going back and forth with a few different systems. I was first looking at the Phoenix system from EV. I have a $15,000 budget and some access to better than MAP pricing and in some cases invoice pricing.

I am looking for a ground stack system. The system will be used for DJ applications (mostly electronic music) and also Live sound indoors and small festivals. My experience mostly lies in Retail systems but have been learning more on the pro level.

Any help or insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Gerry Seymour

• My Professional Website
Re: Need help picking the right system
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »

What do you currently have? Are you replacing the entire system? What kind of live sound will you be reinforcing? What size crowds and what sound levels will you be dealing with?

I know the guys who can answer your questions will need that info, so I thought I'd help out.  Very Happy
Gerry Seymour

Professional Trainer and Speaker
(with lighting/audio experience)

anything that moves will eventually die

anything that doesn't move is probably already dead - James Feenstra

Joe Adkins

Re: Need help picking the right system
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:36:09 PM »

What do you currently have? Are you replacing the entire system? What kind of live sound will you be reinforcing? What size crowds and what sound levels will you be dealing with?

I know the guys who can answer your questions will need that info, so I thought I'd help out. Very Happy

Hey Gerry

For the past few years the company has been renting powered gear for small events.  I've been cross renting an EV QRX system (4-dual 18" and 4-dual 12")for some of my gigs.  I am now in a situation where I need a little more. That is why I've been looking at the EV Phoenix system (4 dual 18" and 4 dual 12").  The system will mostly be used for electronic music but will need it to do some live sound as well.  Types of live sound will include world music, reggae, bluegrass and some jam bands to crowds of 500-800 outdoors.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.