ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW KF650z - Any reviews?  (Read 12094 times)

Dave Gunnell

Re: EAW KF650z - Any reviews?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 07:16:03 pm »

you will not win any friends with EAW anything...

Hey Peter:

I'm not sure I agree with your EAW assessment.  We have used the KF650z as our main box for years, in productions ranging from choir/orchestra reinforcement, to vocal a cappella, to outdoor concerts--all to very positive reviews.  It is an extremely versatile and powerful box.  When tri-amped (important) and properly processed with the UX8800, the KF650z is tough to beat in the medium-size point-source category--plus the EAW name has been quite good for our business.

Our target market segment of smaller local events may be different from yours--perhaps that could explain the varied experience with EAW...

My .02

Dave

Peter Morris

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 09:33:45 pm »

Hey Peter:

I'm not sure I agree with your EAW assessment.  We have used the KF650z as our main box for years, in productions ranging from choir/orchestra reinforcement, to vocal a cappella, to outdoor concerts--all to very positive reviews.  It is an extremely versatile and powerful box.  When tri-amped (important) and properly processed with the UX8800, the KF650z is tough to beat in the medium-size point-source category--plus the EAW name has been quite good for our business.

Our target market segment of smaller local events may be different from yours--perhaps that could explain the varied experience with EAW...

My .02

Dave

Hi Dave,

I was a long time EAW user (15 + years), and I agree with almost every thing you said, however, ever since Loud Technologies came along EAWs rider status in my part of the world has declined dramatically.   They are still acceptable but I rarely see them listed anymore.

The flavour of the month is d&b or L- Acoustics, hence my suggestion to use the ARCS, its the safest choice.

Peter

Giannis Likos

• bRew
    • εναΔύο πολυμέσα
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:25 am »

Hi Dave,

I was a long time EAW user (15 + years), and I agree with almost every thing you said, however, ever since Loud Technologies came along EAWs rider status in my part of the world has declined dramatically.   They are still acceptable but I rarely see them listed anymore.

The flavour of the month is d&b or L- Acoustics, hence my suggestion to use the ARCS, its the safest choice.

Peter

Hello, i'd like to revive the topic since i am interested in buying some used kf650z, two per side.
First thing i'd like to ask is, i got only two 18" martin audio subs, do you guys think they can cope to add low end in small to mid size gigs, with folk music (sometimes a bass guitar, sometimes a 'tympani" with a bit of presence under 120hz)
Secondly, i have a 2 in 6 out dsp (xilica xp4080), do you think i will be able to optimize their perfoRmance or the gunnesss thing is no way comparable? Will i be able to find their optimization info somehow (like ask eaw)? And by the way, any moRe indfo in the gunness magic, is it based on phase processing to optimise the lobes created wtih arraying?

thanks in advance,
g.

Karl Bader

• Karl Bader
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 10:46:17 am »

Personally I love the kf650z, we have 8 in inventory, here. We use the EAW 8800 processors which are WAYYYY worth it over anything else, we've used XTA, and the BSS Minidrives. The Gunness focusing set this box much higher...

We've never gotten any rider sneers over these boxes, the down side that we have found with them is EAW's service department. We've been having a horrible time getting a hold of Pam or Steve in service. We'll leave message after message with no responses, so keep an extra driver or 2 on hand...

Thanks,

Karl

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 10:46:17 am »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.