ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instrument wireless system  (Read 1023 times)

Zetto Smith

Instrument wireless system
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:40:48 pm »

Hi,
I'm a violin player looking for a wireless system for my instrument.
I use a condenser contact pickup (AKG C411).
The main reason for me to purchase a wireless system is safety, hence the wireless transmitter has to be compact enough to be directly mounted on a violin.
I'm confused because many high end and expansive wireless systems do not necessarily provide the best sound quality because they focus more on productions setup issues (distance range, interference management...)
I don't care about these issues, I will use my wireless for short distances with very few other wirelesses present in the same room.
Few brands might be considered: Sennheiser, Lectrosonics, Zaxcom, Sony, Line 6, Audio Technica and Shure.
Budget is is a criteria I would look at after understanding what are strengths and weaknesses of the different options.

Thanks in advance

Langston Holland

Re: Instrument wireless system
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 08:42:45 pm »

Hi Zetto:

The Lectrosonics digital hybrid systems are the best sounding wireless units I'm aware of. You should look at the "super-miniature" transmitter series in combination with an appropriate receiver. One of the most knowledgeable people in the industry on this topic also happens to be a Lectrosonics dealer:

Ray Rayburn ray@soundfirst.com

Your microphone selection is interesting - the C411 has quite a rise in the low frequency area which could pose some feedback and tone issues if you are reinforced through nearby loudspeakers. It appears to me that a high pass filter set between 200 - 500 Hz would be necessary to tame its response:

index.php/fa/29857/0/
God bless you and your precious family - Langston

Soundscapes <><
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.