ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance Blues  (Read 10905 times)

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
Re: Insurance Blues
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 07:01:23 PM »

Bob, Did they pay you for your claim or are they refusing to pay and canceling your coverage?

Refusing to pay and canceling the coverage.

Gus Housen

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »

Classy, after paying for 40 years

Bob Hulme

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »

What did they say, that you should've checked the weather report. This is getting way to common. They won't insure you because there may be some risk. Isn't that the point of insurance. If there was no risk you wouldn't need it.

Take care & good luck with your lawsuit,  Bob H

Karl Winkler

• Lectrosonics
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »

Unbelievable and sickening. I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

I would be interested to know what company this is so that I never do business with them, or if I am doing business with them, that I find someone else instead.
In theory, theory and practice should be the same. In practice, they are not.

Bob Cap

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 02:53:08 PM »

Unbelievable and sickening. I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you.

I would be interested to know what company this is so that I never do business with them, or if I am doing business with them, that I find someone else instead.

I was wondering if I should mention their name or not. But their initials are AFI... >:(

drew gandy

• Chicago and burbs
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »

I was wondering if I should mention their name or not. But their initials are ... >:(

I'm a bit confused.  We happen to have a Business Key policy with the "unnamed" and it is a General Liability policy which does not cover replacing our equipment, only the bodies and equipment of other parties involved.  For instance, when a lady in heels trips on a cable and twists her ankle they will [hopefully] cover medical and or legal costs.  We have a separate policy (with MusicProInsurance) that covers gear in case of damage or theft.  btw, MusicPro has been great.  Sometimes Laura is a little difficult to get a hold of but she's always taken care of things. 

drew
Arrogance is usually far worse than ignorance. But every once in awhile they swap places.

Brian Ehlers

• West Michigan
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »

I have no idea of the details of the denied claim, but this whole incident serves as a reminder for us all to read our insurance policies.  Every last word.  I know they don't make is easy to understand, but it's pretty much laid out in black and white what is and is not covered.  If you've never read your policy before, you might be surprised.

Ken Ferrel

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 01:50:32 AM »

I know they don't make is easy to understand, but it's pretty much laid out in black and white what is and is not covered.

It is one thing to deny a claim due to what is/is not in the paperwork.  It is totally another (and I believe illegal) to just drop coverage without approving or denying a claim.  If I didn't read the fine print then I am at fault.  If I covered all of the bases and paid for a service, I expect to at least have a fair chance.

I would file a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner's office in your state.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 01:50:32 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.