ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's see your RACKS! FOH & AMP  (Read 59973 times)

Wali Raffiqi

Re: RE:
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »

Thank you sir!

And thanks for the name hint as well. This is the first board i've ever been on that requires your actual full name! Razz

Dave Rickard

« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2010, 12:57:37 AM »

Wali Raffiqi wrote on Fri, 02 July 2010 06:59

This is the first board i've ever been on that requires your actual full name! Razz

It helps keep the place sane.  Wink

Those are Hosa AC cables.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Jared Chrysostom

« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2010, 01:04:58 AM »

Yep, they're from Hosa. I'm not a fan of their signal cables, but they have some amazingly useful power adapters and cables and stuff. The little Y's made my racks much neater and made me much happier. If your local Guitar Center has any left in stock, they should be on clearance for about a buck each.

Hosa also makes a NEMA 5-15 to IEC C13 adapter. If you're running a single amp, or powered speaker, whatever... You plug the little adapter into an appropriate length of extension cord, and bam, it's an IEC power cable. Awesome.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Live-Wire-IEC-F--3-Prong-M--Powe r-Adapter-765449-i1166804.gc

Dave Rickard

« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2010, 01:52:49 AM »

Jared Chrysostom wrote on Sat, 03 July 2010 23:04

Hosa also makes a NEMA 5-15 to IEC C13 adapter. If you're running a single amp, or powered speaker, whatever... You plug the little adapter into an appropriate length of extension cord, and bam, it's an IEC power cable. Awesome.

You plug any IEC cable into an appropriate length of extension cord, and bam, it's an IEC power cable. The adapter plus an Edison receptacle will stick out pretty far from the gear and be more vulnerable.  

I prefer short TRS-XLR cables over adapters for the same reason.

Just sayin'   Smile
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

cecil abrego

« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2010, 02:16:51 AM »

Can those HOSA yie-406 be used safely for amps?

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2010, 02:45:23 AM »

The highest a standard Edison connector like that (5-15 plug) could be rated for is 15A.  As long as your amp's maximum power requirements fall below that amperage, you should be fine.
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

Wali Raffiqi

« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2010, 09:50:16 AM »

Thanks for the info fellas!

Jared Chrysostom

« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »

Dave Rickard wrote on Sun, 04 July 2010 01:52

Jared Chrysostom wrote on Sat, 03 July 2010 23:04

You plug any IEC cable into an appropriate length of extension cord, and bam, it's an IEC power cable. The adapter plus an Edison receptacle will stick out pretty far from the gear and be more vulnerable.  

I prefer short TRS-XLR cables over adapters for the same reason.

Just sayin'   Smile

My OCD goes the other way. I don't mind the extra length sticking out of the back, because the cable is all nice and uniform.  Very Happy

Dave Bigelow

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »

The rack I travel with

SDE 1000 (the old)
D-Two (the new)
4 channels of B* comps
8 channels of b* gates

Just gimmie a 'verb or two and a FOH EQ.

index.php/fa/31299/0/

Deke Lockrem

Re: Let's see your RACKS! FOH & AMP
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2010, 12:30:47 PM »

What the heck....I'll jump in...
The second pic shows what the back of the rack used to look like. I got tired of all the excess cable. I had those 4 plugged into a quad that just used to sit in the bottom of the case.
The third pic shows the new shorter IEC cables and I mounted the quad with some brackets that I got from an electrician buddy of mine.....alot cleaner look.index.php/fa/31300/0/
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.