ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: P.A speakers -12" or 15"??  (Read 64822 times)

scott klenner

Re: P.A speakers -12" or 15"??
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 02:08:30 AM »

Thanks for all the new info- I get what your saying here Rory and the mackies look very inviting only problem is the weight! 43kgs (93lbs) onto poles is quite a lift Smile anyone doing this with lighter boxes? Otherwise I guess i'm thinking light weight 3 way 12's plus subs might achieve the clarity you are talking about Rory??

Rory Buszka

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 09:07:34 AM »

The Community S3294 12" three-way is 53 pounds. The 15" version, the 3594, is 58 pounds. The difference between them and the Mackies is that the Mackies have built-in power and processing. For the Community speakers, you'll need amps in your rack. If you already have the amps, this shouldn't be a big deal, and the Community's power requirements are easily manageable. Check out the link I posted.
Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
(The Gearmonger)

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Rory Buszka

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »

I should also mention that if spending a little more isn't a problem, and you don't mind the heavier cabinet, the Yorkville Unity U15 and U15P (powered version) also deserve consideration - these would probably be the best performers of the three, but like I said, they are heavy.
Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
(The Gearmonger)

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Scott Smith

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »

12's or 15's... a GREAT question!  How about dual 12's like SRX722 or EV QRX212!  This will give you the clarity and output of 12's, and the punch and SPL of 15's!  They are light, loud, tall, punchy, somewhat arrayable, bi-ampable, well respected, and often debated!   Very Happy
"Percussive Maintenance" - Bang on it until it works!
Scott Smith, South Florida - MIXING OLD SCHOOL WITH NEW
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.