ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Found some useful Cheap breifcase style cases (Montreal)  (Read 9124 times)

Gerry Seymour

• My Professional Website
Re: Found some useful Cheap breifcase style cases (Montreal)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »

In general, I'd agree. However, I couldn't match budget at Audiopile. I was allowed $400 to spend on cases (including shipping) as I saw fit. I wanted to get 2 amps, my wireless receivers, my crossover, my DSP, 2 mini-tower computers, my mixer, and my lighting console all in cases. At Audiopile, I couldn't come close.
Gerry Seymour

Professional Trainer and Speaker
(with lighting/audio experience)

anything that moves will eventually die

anything that doesn't move is probably already dead - James Feenstra

Marlow Wilson

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »

Dick Rees wrote on Sun, 18 April 2010 18:06

Besides purchasing from AudioPile.net (which I do regularly), Labster Richard Palm has a business dealing used gear where (if you shop over the long term) you can find very usable gear.  Here's a link to the "road case" section.

http://stores.ebay.com/AVFORSALE_Road-Cases_W0QQ_fsubZ564210 0QQ_sidZ10981170QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Thanks for the link.

I do regularly look for used cases, so I'll add this to the many places to check out.

I'll admit that I had reservations about buying those cheap cases, but the previous one I have has stood up to occasional use for over a year now.
I should probably be doing something else right now....

Brent Gillespie

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 08:54:19 PM »

I've had one of those cases for about  8 years now and its held together  very well .  I wanted a case for my   NSI  lighting foot controller.  I added some foam here and there  and it works  perfectly.  I admit I did'nt have much faith in the case from the beginning  but its still doing the job and I've put it through some abuse.

Mike McNany

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 09:28:48 AM »

Last cheap case I bought for similar duty was a plastic pistol case from Wal-Mart for about $20. Designed for 4 standard size pistols, it has several layers of foam, some are pull & pluck, some are convoluted padding type. Great size for mics & DIs. Somewhat like a knock off Pelican case, I think Docasil(sp?) brand. I use mine for a cheapee NADY 2 wireless mic set for  (gasp) DJing  Embarassed

Mike McNany

Marlow Wilson

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »

Mike McNany wrote on Mon, 19 April 2010 08:28

Last cheap case I bought for similar duty was a plastic pistol case from Wal-Mart for about $20. Designed for 4 standard size pistols, it has several layers of foam, some are pull & pluck, some are convoluted padding type. Great size for mics & DIs. Somewhat like a knock off Pelican case, I think Docasil(sp?) brand. I use mine for a cheapee NADY 2 wireless mic set for  (gasp) DJing  Embarassed

Mike McNany

A pic would be great!  We have less gun cases for sale in Canada, so it never struck me as a possibility.  
I should probably be doing something else right now....

Mike McNany

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »

After I checked them out, turned out they were Plano brand, same as the tacklebox people. Model 1404 Plano Protector series. I think it came with two each of the two types of foam, two pluck & pull and two of the eggcrate.

The open pic has a tape measure opened to 2 foot, see the red mark.
index.php/fa/29584/0/

Mike McNany

Mike McNany

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »

Case closed (no pun intended)  Very Happy
index.php/fa/29585/0/

Tim Weaver

• http://www.weaverimaging.com
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 11:46:22 AM »

Gerry Seymour wrote on Sun, 18 April 2010 17:42

From these guys (via eBay), I managed to get a 12/14 FOH rack (kit), a 10-space rack case (Tuffbox), and a briefcase-style case for my lighting board (Tuffbox) for about $420 shipped.

Just FYI, I got a 12 over 20 slant rack made by OSP from these guys for like 450 a couple years ago. It looks like prices have gone up, but heres a 10/16 with 2 tables for 420.

http://www.roundmountainsounds.com/Home/tabid/944/CategoryID /246/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/3193/Default.aspx

When I bought mine shipping was included too. I've got a couple OSP cases and while they are not as heavy as an Anvil or Calzone they have held up extremely well for my uses. They have cheap non-ball-bearing casters, but I haven't broken one yet and a shot of graphite keeps them rolling well. I don't baby these things either. They get shoved and bounced and dropped just like you would expect them to be when used by a small soundco.

The only problem I've had with OSP is that when you first get them you should go over all the hardware and tighten things up. My rack rails look like they were torqued by a 10 year old Chinese girl. Which, maybe they were..... Laughing

Gus Housen

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »

I use seveal of these or avariation of these and have for several years for wireless mics and even inexpensive projectors.
I super glue in the dividers and that works fine. Get the rounded corner vertion they like the op has they last better.
Harbor freight caries these on sale for $12 or so on sale.

For my application they work fine, and hold up OK. If I was going out on the  road I would want something a little better but for me they hold up fine and work for my needs.
You rock...We roll!

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 03:16:58 PM »

The nice thing about pistol cases is they're usually fairly sturdy and locking, to comply with TSA regulations. I just use a Hardigg case, but the contents of the case are an order of magnitude more valuable than their enclosure, so I sleep easier at night with the good stuff.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 21 queries.