ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driverack PX  (Read 9623 times)

Lawrence Arevalo

Driverack PX
« on: March 09, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »

Hi All,

I am a DJ (duh!), mobile to be exact. I bought A Driverack PX because I wanted to have great sound at every venue with as little tuning as possible. From what I heard about the PX it seemed to be the end all be all of rack mounted processors for DJs. After heading over to their forum it seems like the PX doesn't do what it's been touted to do at all. It seems ultra complex. I want to see if any of the users have any experience with this piece of gear and whether or not it will help my setup at all.

This is my setup:
Numark Ns7

into a rack with the following:
Denon DN-X500 Mixer
Denon DN-HC4500 player
BU-4500 CD attachment
Furman Power Conditioner
Shure SLX Wireless Mic

into Yorkville Active Speakers:
NX750P tops
LS700 Subs
(depending on the crowd size I use 0 to 2 subs)

Thanks for the help!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Driverack PX
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 04:48:34 PM »

Hi All,

I am a DJ (duh!), mobile to be exact. I bought A Driverack PX because I wanted to have great sound at every venue with as little tuning as possible. From what I heard about the PX it seemed to be the end all be all of rack mounted processors for DJs. After heading over to their forum it seems like the PX doesn't do what it's been touted to do at all. It seems ultra complex. I want to see if any of the users have any experience with this piece of gear and whether or not it will help my setup at all.

This is my setup:
Numark Ns7

into a rack with the following:
Denon DN-X500 Mixer
Denon DN-HC4500 player
BU-4500 CD attachment
Furman Power Conditioner
Shure SLX Wireless Mic

into Yorkville Active Speakers:
NX750P tops
LS700 Subs
(depending on the crowd size I use 0 to 2 subs)

Thanks for the help!

I am not sure there is a question in your post. What did you buy the Driverack to do?

Jay Barracato

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »

You have active speakers with built-in processing so an external processsor is mostly redundant, return it and get your money back.

Erik Nowakowski

• The AV Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »

You have active speakers with built-in processing so an external processsor is mostly redundant, return it and get your money back.

This is not true. What processing are you referring too? Can you plug an RTA mic into the speakers and have it automatically correct for a room's acoustics? No.

I recommend doing a little more research on this and calling either DBX or talk to a knowledgeable sales person and they will be able to explain the benefits and how to use it.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:29:03 PM »

knowledgeable sales person

I call oxymoron.  And I'd like to point out that real names are required to post opinions.....no matter how valid or not.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Randy Pence

• Berlin, Germany
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 06:37:49 AM »

This is not true. What processing are you referring too? Can you plug an RTA mic into the speakers and have it automatically correct for a room's acoustics? No.

I recommend doing a little more research on this and calling either DBX or talk to a knowledgeable sales person and they will be able to explain the benefits and how to use it.

no electrical box can correct a room's acoustics

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 08:56:24 AM »

no electrical box can correct a room's acoustics

nor can a single mic measure it from one location
Jay Barracato

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

I am a DJ (duh!), mobile to be exact. I bought A Driverack PX because I wanted to have great sound at every venue with as little tuning as possible.
With as little tuning as possible or with as little effort as possible?  Those are not the same thing.

Trying to get any system to work in a variety venues and/or situations may involve some system tuning.  If the goal is to make that require as little effort as possible then you will probably run into tradeoffs in terms of the tuning and results possible.  If you are trying to minimize the actual tuning required on site then that might start with things like using speakers that require little tuning and that are well matched to the the particular venue and application.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 25 queries.