Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > DJ Forum

Driverack PX

<< < (2/2)

Randy Pence:

--- Quote from: Erik Nowakowski on March 16, 2011, 01:21:11 PM ---This is not true. What processing are you referring too? Can you plug an RTA mic into the speakers and have it automatically correct for a room's acoustics? No.

I recommend doing a little more research on this and calling either DBX or talk to a knowledgeable sales person and they will be able to explain the benefits and how to use it.

--- End quote ---

no electrical box can correct a room's acoustics

Jay Barracato:

--- Quote from: Randy Pence on March 17, 2011, 06:37:49 AM ---no electrical box can correct a room's acoustics

--- End quote ---

nor can a single mic measure it from one location

Brad Weber:

--- Quote from: Lawrence Arevalo on March 09, 2011, 02:34:03 PM ---I am a DJ (duh!), mobile to be exact. I bought A Driverack PX because I wanted to have great sound at every venue with as little tuning as possible.
--- End quote ---
With as little tuning as possible or with as little effort as possible?  Those are not the same thing.

Trying to get any system to work in a variety venues and/or situations may involve some system tuning.  If the goal is to make that require as little effort as possible then you will probably run into tradeoffs in terms of the tuning and results possible.  If you are trying to minimize the actual tuning required on site then that might start with things like using speakers that require little tuning and that are well matched to the the particular venue and application.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version