ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinion's on Bose speakers?..  (Read 53626 times)

Scott Shaw

• http://www.myspace.com/scotts63
Re: Opinion's on Bose speakers?..
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 08:20:09 AM »

If you have $500.00 to burn on a really, really, really nice clock radio, then yes by all means. Those poles sound ok for a small gathering but will not support a large event!

Paul Bell

• http://pbellsound.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 09:00:29 AM »

NONONO Dick, it's:

Bring
Other
Sound
Equipment

While we were all at Ultra Music Festival in Miami, Doug recommended we try this place in South Beach, Burger and Beer Joint. Great food & beer BUT they had a Bose sound system. It REALLY sounded bad, like they didn't use the required equalizer to make it sound "good".

I do many installations in the NYC area. Many smaller bar clients always ask about Bose and I have to pull them away from it. On many jobs, I'm replacing Bose speakers with something else.

My brother used to work in an appliance and electronics retailer. In the audio listening room, the Bose speakers always sounded the worst yet were the most expensive.
Paul Bell
PBell Sound New York City
paulATpbellsound.com
User/provider for:
McCauley, BASSMAXX, APB DynaSonics, QSC, Ashly, DBX, Rane Digital, Rapco, Faital Pro

MartinGajta

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 07:58:33 PM »

I don't know about your particular model but I'm tired of people who says "Buy Other Sound Equipment" or no highs no lows - must be bose.Few days ago there was some show where one man came with acoustic guitar and his dog in theater and there was 1000 chairs
and was full and he has two bose sticks.I wasn't there but my friend says that "he did job correctly" (singer who didn't hire all those martins and nexos and vertecs but he did show on his own).Did anybody complain - no.Was it loud enough.Yes it was.

So YES bose sounds good and do job if you did your job properly.
I had 3 pairs of bose 802 and with controllers they sounded ok.ONLY problem that I have with them is that they were old and needed much money for repair(after all there is 48 speaker units in 6 boxes).I'm owner of nexo PS10R2,and they are lighter than bose and much louder,but i can't stack 3 ps10's per side but bose really did good job for me.They are installed in some church now and with subwoofer they continue to work fine,and they don't think that weak point of their system are speakers but CRAPPY YAMAHA powered mixer that is dieing few years although it is 20+years younger than bose.

So gents yes there IS highs in bose (802) and acoustic wave cannon is veery good sounding sub,and good looking for my taste.
And if that box is not ok they wouldn't sell it more than 30 years with only few modifications.

I admire Dr.Amar G.and they marketing department.

Martin Gajta
...Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it...

Pat Latimer

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 08:06:32 PM »

MartinGajta wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 19:58

I don't know about your particular model but I'm tired of people who says "Buy Other Sound Equipment" or no highs no lows - must be bose.Few days ago there was some show where one man came with acoustic guitar and his dog in theater and there was 1000 chairs
and was full and he has two bose sticks.I wasn't there but my friend says that "he did job correctly" (singer who didn't hire all those martins and nexos and vertecs but he did show on his own).Did anybody complain - no.Was it loud enough.Yes it was.

I had 3 pairs of bose 802 and with controllers they sounded ok.ONLY problem that I have with them is that they were old and needed much money for repair(after all there is 48 speaker units in 6 boxes).I'm owner of nexo PS10R2,and they are lighter than bose and much louder,but i can't stack 3 ps10's per side but bose really did good job for me.They are installed in some church now and with subwoofer they continue to work fine,and they don't think that weak point of their system are speakers but CRAPPY YAMAHA powered mixer that is dieing few years although it is 20+years younger than bose.

So gents yes there IS highs in bose (802) and acoustic wave cannon is veery good sounding sub,and good looking for my taste.
And if that box is not ok they wouldn't sell it more than 30 years with only few modifications.

I admire Dr.Amar G.and they marketing department.

Martin Gajta

You Sir are definitely in the minority. I've heard three or four of those stick rigs that sounded, well, like sticks/shit.

Good Luck with the Bose.

"The most important of all sciences man can and must learn is the science of living so as to do the least evil and the greatest possible good".- Leo Tolstoy

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 08:40:45 PM »

Art Welter

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »

Pat Latimer wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 18:06

Martin Gajta

You Sir are definitely in the minority. I've heard three or four of those stick rigs that sounded, well, like sticks/shit.

Good Luck with the Bose.

I have heard selections from every major speaker manufacturer sound like crap, and sound quite good, Bose included. The talent in front of the microphone and mixing desk usually plays the larger role in that perception.

That said, there are mini line arrays sticks available from several companies that outperform the Bose sticks and cost less.

115 dB at one meter is not hard to beat.

Art Welter

Pat Latimer

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »

Art Welter wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 20:45

Pat Latimer wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 18:06

Martin Gajta

Good Luck with the Bose.

I have heard selections from every major speaker manufacturer sound like crap, and sound quite good, Bose included. The talent in front of the microphone and mixing desk usually plays the larger role in that perception.

That said, there are mini line arrays sticks available from several companies that outperform the Bose sticks and cost less.

115 dB at one meter is not hard to beat.

Art Welter

I have to agree with your first sentiment but not having heard the mini line arrays from other manufacturers I'll take your word for it. Smile

+1 on the talent in front of the mic and behind the desk.

"The most important of all sciences man can and must learn is the science of living so as to do the least evil and the greatest possible good".- Leo Tolstoy

Dick Rees

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »

I have performed on street corners around the world, playing for crowds of up to 300 people......with no sound system or amplification at all.  So it's not hard to imagine that with some form of amplification, someone can perform for a similar number of people.....indoors.  It doesn't take that much if you really put something into it as a performer.  

I have also used Bose equipment if it was the house system and made it work.

All that said, Bose would be at the bottom of my list not so much because I would consider it incapable of the job, but for the fact that it costs too much for what you get and what you get isn't as much or as useful as you can get in equipment designed more appropriately for professional sound.

DR
 Neo-Luddite, Rocket Surgeon
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Doug Sprinthall

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »

Art,

What similar mini line array's do you like better than the bose that are less $$?

Just curious.

Paul Bell

• http://pbellsound.com/
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »

I had met Amar years ago and he didn’t like the line of questioning I had for him and he stopped taking my questions.

When they first “developed” a remote control, they sent somebody out to buy a universal remote. They opened it up, copied it and made their own. They closed up the one they bought and returned it for a refund.

They vigorously sue anybody using what they claim is their ideas. The sixth order bandpass sub is one that comes to mind.

You can keep your Bose.
Paul Bell
PBell Sound New York City
paulATpbellsound.com
User/provider for:
McCauley, BASSMAXX, APB DynaSonics, QSC, Ashly, DBX, Rane Digital, Rapco, Faital Pro
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.