ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noob looking for advice on a basic live sound system  (Read 31758 times)

Paul Thiessen

• http://www.reverbnation.com/label/paulthiessen
Re: Noob looking for advice on a basic live sound system
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2010, 07:41:38 AM »

Art Welter wrote on Wed, 21 July 2010 19:57

It is normal for people to step on cords if the cords are where they walk.

Ah, so it's my fault.  Rolling Eyes Well, there's probably some truth to that. But it was set up out in the middle of a flat floor, and I was more concerned with getting the wires out of the band's way... Well, I'll figure these things out eventually. I'm just happy that my first live SR job ever - totally unassisted - came out as well as it did! Yeah, I know this is peanuts to you all, but it was a big deal for me personally.
 - Paul

Jordan Wolf

• http://www.facebook.com/howlingwolf487
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:39 AM »

Paul Thiessen wrote on Thu, 22 July 2010 07:41

Yeah, I know this is peanuts to you all, but it was a big deal for me personally.

I've found that a number of my gigs have been comprised of many small victories.  Add 'em up, and you get a successful night!  

Now, the real fun happens - you get to find ways to keep improving.
Wolf
<><

"A lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
- Me

"With that much comb filtering you could probably part your hair just by walking through the room." - Dick Rees

Pete Bansen

« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2010, 12:15:11 PM »

Jordan Wolf wrote on Thu, 22 July 2010 09:35

Paul Thiessen wrote on Thu, 22 July 2010 07:41

Yeah, I know this is peanuts to you all, but it was a big deal for me personally.

I've found that a number of my gigs have been comprised of many small victories.  Add 'em up, and you get a successful night!  

Now, the real fun happens - you get to find ways to keep improving.

Amen on both counts.  

On the cabling thing - it takes time to figure out how to run them so that they are out of the way as much as possible.  People walking on them doesn't bother me as much as people rolling stuff on casters over 'em on a hardwood stage.  Sheesh.  Cables just take a beating; not much you can do about it.

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »

Paul Thiessen wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 14:45

Yeah, the speakers... I'm really unsure about this. Yes, I was skeptical of the GC guy pushing the house brand, but I got a decent vibe from him. There must be folks here who have used the Mackie SRM450 (v1 or v2), right? Are they usable at all as FOH speakers for small gigs, or do I really have no choice but to look for something larger?

As i frequently go into GC and just poke around, I cant stand their salesmen. Ive heard some of the harbinger (or w/e the brand is) and honestly I was impressed, BUT any speaker is going to sound loud and full in a GC showroom with music and a sonic maximizer. Now add in stage volume, A crowd and much more to push sound over and im sure they run out of gas quick. IF your looking used try looking for some of the QSC power speakers, Or even the K series  12" isnt too much more.
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"
FosterSoundStudios(at)inbox.com
(4) QRX115s (4) SRX 728s Soundcraft GB8, Mackie Onyx 1640, TC Electronics fx.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.