ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Spotlight  (Read 7633 times)

Thomas Bishop

Re: Which Spotlight
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 11:20:40 PM »

Well, just purchased a Comet, picking it up on Monday, and using it April 1st.  I'll let you guys know how it compares to the Midget I used for this exact same setup several months ago.

Silas Pradetto

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »

Thomas Bishop wrote on Mon, 22 March 2010 23:20

Well, just purchased a Comet, picking it up on Monday, and using it April 1st.  I'll let you guys know how it compares to the Midget I used for this exact same setup several months ago.

I'd have bought an Orbiter. They're discontinued but can be had for about $1000 used if I remember correctly, and they're WAY, WAY brighter than a Comet. The Orbiter is discharge while the Comet is halogen.

Ruth Myers

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »

Can anyone do a  comparison between

the Altman Line 1000q Comet Orbiter and some of the smaller mini units such as the discontinued L&E 6410 Mini spot (both Lamp version) and the AM Dj units and the Chauvet?  Basically the likely selection from sub 1000 dollar range/

Thanks
Ruth

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 08:28:03 PM »

Silas Pradetto wrote

I'd have bought an Orbiter. They're discontinued but can be had for about $1000 used if I remember correctly, and they're WAY, WAY brighter than a Comet. The Orbiter is discharge while the Comet is halogen.

Well, thanks for the input ahead of time, Silas.   Twisted Evil  There's an Orbiter on eBay right now with a road case, but then I'd have to get it shipped, and it might not arrive in time for the gig.  The gig which, by the way, just got canceled.

Silas Pradetto

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 08:55:10 AM »

Thomas Bishop wrote on Tue, 23 March 2010 20:28

Silas Pradetto wrote

Well, thanks for the input ahead of time, Silas.   Twisted Evil  There's an Orbiter on eBay right now with a road case, but then I'd have to get it shipped, and it might not arrive in time for the gig.  The gig which, by the way, just got canceled.

Sorry about that, I just saw the thread yesterday. And I absolutely HATE it when gigs get canceled. Evil or Very Mad

James Feenstra

• http://www.crewspace.com/James
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 12:50:39 PM »

Silas Pradetto wrote on Wed, 24 March 2010 08:55

I absolutely HATE it when gigs get canceled. Evil or Very Mad

me too

James "still bitter about the torch relay" Feenstra
James Feenstra
Lighting, Audio and Special Effects Design
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.