ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: PK’s Response to “Why did PSW copy PK's bass bin”  (Read 10094 times)

Doug Fowler

Re: PK’s Response to “Why did PSW copy PK's bass bin”
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 01:27:10 pm »

That's some strong talk, Mr. "Al Smith".

No one I have spoken to familiar with the Calgary area knows who you are.  And you're posting from a Calgary IP (yeah, mods can see that).

A cynical mod might conclude you are not who you say you are, registered on March 2 2010 for the sole purpose of taking PK Sound to task, and have some ulterior motive or are a competitor.

But I'm not cynical.  

In any event, either identify yourself or refrain from posting.

-doug, PSW moderator
"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."

Jeremy Bridge

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 07:11:22 pm »

To Answer Nathan's questions.

#1  We are not using Eminence drivers in the CS212S.  We have had our own driver made to our own specifications.  The interior of the box has been changed to work with the new driver parameters and dimensions.  Because we increased the size of the voice coil and stiffened the suspension we lost some efficiency and a bit of LF extension which I attempted to compensate for by changing the horn flare and rear chamber volume.  Overall the box is probably slightly less efficient than the labs  The increase in power handling makes up for it and the trade off for reliability was worth it.

#2  The exterior dimensions of the box are the same, why screw with something that works, it's great truck pack dimensions.  I wish it were smaller and tried to do so but always sacrificed allot of LF extension when attempting to shrink the box.

Really it doesn't matter much anyway, we've been testing a new design for the past month which will likely replace this anyway. (I'm sure someone will take this the wrong way too)

Re Al Smith

Your post proves nothing other than:

a) I was looking for a solution for plastic feet.
b) We had lab subs in our inventory in 2008, actually we still have a couple left.  I even stated in my original post we built them that's no secret at all.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are, Doug hit it on the nail.  If I'm wrong and since your from Calgary why don't you give me a call at the shop if you really want to discuss this rather than relentlessly trying to discredit me in a public forum and spread unsubstantiated rumors.  

With that said I'm done with this thread and topic.   Unfortunately even boards like PSW fall victim to trolls like this and pretty much anything I say in defense will be misconstrued however they see fit.

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 12:45:38 am »

The air is sweet with the smell of axes being ground.

Who will swing?  Will they connect?  Lizzie Borden wants to know!

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

kevinnemrava

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 07:33:28 pm »

Jeremy Bridge wrote on Thu, 18 March 2010 23:11

I'm pretty sure I know who you are, Doug hit it on the nail.

For the record, and judging from the rather angry call received by my business partner, I assume you think Al Smith is me. It is not.

I hope Doug can confirm this - though seeing that I do not post from what ever IP Al's posts from.

Doug Fowler

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 11:48:03 am »

Jeremy, please respond to the PM I sent you.

-doug, PSW moderator

"It's got electrolytes.  It's got what plants crave."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.