ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: lets talk mic cases  (Read 5053 times)

Matt Duncan

• http://www.mattduncan.us
Re: lets talk mic cases
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »

Thanks! Thats good to know. I had talked to Liz at Audiopile awhile back about a mic case. We decided that my d-series wouldn't fit according to the published dimensions. Now that I know they'll fit, I'll be ordering one from them soon. I've done the zippered bags in a briefcase style case for way too long now.
www.mattduncan.us
G.A.S. Powered Productions

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »

Tim Weaver wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 10:19

I use pelican cases and keep the mics in zipper bags or crown royal sacks. By the time you get them all in there they don't bounce around too much. My di's go in there as well.

Yep, me too, especially now that I get to shlep the mics through the airport.

The bonus is that the Pelican w/mics in bags holds more mics than my old mic box.

I suppose I'd have a more-traditional box (like the kits with drawers) if I was a system provider.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Daniel Nickleski

• http://www.soundworkspro.com
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 12:29

Tim Weaver wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 13:19

I use pelican cases and keep the mics in zipper bags or crown royal sacks. By the time you get them all in there they don't bounce around too much. My di's go in there as well.

+1

I used to use an EWI mic case, but it was a little bulky, and didn't like touring. So, for tour everything goes in my 1015 Pelican.

For home use, I have an EWI work box, and the top draw holds all the mics & DI's, in their bags.

Evan

I'm with Evan. At home we have a Drawer case (EWI works or whatever case company you prefer) with foam inserts in 3 drawers and DI's in the 4th. On tour I roll with the pelican. Takes anything you throw at it and you can carry onto a plane.
Daniel Nickleski
soundworksdan@mac.com

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:32:39 PM »

Daniel Nickleski wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 20:19

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 12:29

Tim Weaver wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 13:19

+1

I used to use an EWI mic case, but it was a little bulky, and didn't like touring. So, for tour everything goes in my 1015 Pelican.

For home use, I have an EWI work box, and the top draw holds all the mics & DI's, in their bags.

Evan

I'm with Evan. At home we have a Drawer case (EWI works or whatever case company you prefer) with foam inserts in 3 drawers and DI's in the 4th. On tour I roll with the pelican. Takes anything you throw at it and you can carry onto a plane.

+3, For festivals, my 4 drawer workbox goes out, it contains my full mic kit. For smaller gigs, the necessary mics get pulled from the big case, put in their bags, and tossed in a foam lined Pelican 1510. I used the EWI M024 for several years with good results, albeit a little awkward to carry.
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 09:41:44 PM »

The band I toured with uses the EWI mic case.  It's been around the country several times, tossed by band members and local loaders, and has only minor scuffs (last time I saw it).  For fly in gigs and international tours we scaled back the mic inventory and fit it all in a Pelican style case.  I carried that all over Australia, Japan, and the UK and the mics, IEMs, and other accessories were just fine.

Jay Barracato

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 08:47:27 AM »

I went the other direction because I have not had to deal with any fly dates. I got the larger EWI mic box with the wheels. It is large enough that I can carry a set of cables as well. For a walkup show I just have to grab the mic cases and a bag of stands and I have my whole stage setup.

For what it is worth I have not seen any evidence of the mics moving around in the box.

Jay
Jay Barracato
Solomons MD
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 15 queries.