ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Can't we just get along?"  (Read 7500 times)

Lee Brenkman

"Can't we just get along?"
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:48:47 PM »

Here in a cell phone picture from Tyler, who was working the club gig for me last night, in just a little more space than a PM5d would take up is the "dual console" analog/digital option in monitor land.

index.php/fa/28712/0/
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

Jason Dermer

Re: "Can't we just get along?"
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:12:23 PM »

H4000 and VI6
index.php/fa/28713/0/
2PM5d and APB Spectra Ti
index.php/fa/28714/0/
PM4K, VI6, Profile
index.php/fa/28715/0/

Yes, we sure can get along.  Smile
Jason Dermer
jason@asburyaudio.com
cell: 732-616-3463
office: 732-938-3100

"Rock & Roll and cars are just slightly different versions of the same mental disorder."- Peter Egan

Lee Brenkman

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 05:56:23 PM »

Yeah, but we had to do it in a much smaller footprint AND leave a three foot aisle behind the console operators for the Fire Marshall.

But all these pictures do prove that co-existence IS possible  Smile
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

Craig Hauber

• http://www.csaproductionsinc.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 11:07:04 PM »

In the last pic, -what's that big gray-thing with the square yellow lights across the top?

Lighting controller?

Smile
Craig Hauber
CSA Productions Inc.
Ventura-Santa Barbara CA
www.csaproductionsinc.com

Jason Dermer

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »

The really great thing about that PM4k styled lighting controller is that the band engineer didn't want digi (no problem) but REFUSED the Heritage. We sourced the 4k from our friends at Bauder audio, who had to blow a good thick layer of dust off of the case. Smile (the console is actually pristine) Mr band dude then had us patch the dynamics in a really unusual fashion, again no biggie, excepting his big bad holier than you lowly regional PA guys attitude. He twiddled and tweaked all of it for well over his alloted soundcheck time and had all kinds of lights flashing and meters moving until the PM cut him off. Then never touched it during the show as he texted away on his phone through most of the set. PSSST- hey dude. We tried to tell you that there are insert switches on a 4k.... Razz
Jason Dermer
jason@asburyaudio.com
cell: 732-616-3463
office: 732-938-3100

"Rock & Roll and cars are just slightly different versions of the same mental disorder."- Peter Egan

Marjan Milosevic

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:02:46 AM »

This is just showing that we are doing more and more shows where the setup is above any logic. Those are overkill's and we are just wasting resources. Those BEs got more and more spoiled this days. Like one desk is not enough. All those wining "i prefer this and i prefer that" is annoying me. Riders are becoming wish lists and we must provide it. Grrrrrrr

Dave Barto

• http://www.upsideaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:08:57 AM »

Jason Dermer wrote on Sat, 13 March 2010 16:12

H4000 and VI6
index.php/fa/28713/0/

Yes, we sure can get along.  Smile

Who really needs a H4000 at FOH?
Dave Barto
Playing with cool knobs and buttons and colored lights all day long, and getting paid for it.
Mpls, Minn.

"God tells me how the music should sound, but you stand in the way." - Arturo Toscanini

Brandon G Romanowski

• http://indigoproductions.net/indigo_concert_audio_dept.htm
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »

I think this is a picture of why digital consoles were created and  why some people hate them ......... it's art man
Brandon G. Romanowski
Indigo Concert Audio Dept.
http://indigoproductions.net/indigo_concert_audio_dept.htm

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »

Dave Barto wrote on Sun, 14 March 2010 08:08

Who really needs a H4000 at FOH?

The funny thing is that H4000 was "all he could get" after his UMX.96 shit the bed. He didn't seem all too broken up about it and had a killer mix. One of my favorite shows from last year.

P.S. The difference in size and weight between the H4000 + outboard and the Vi6 + outboard is not that large (25%?), and the percent of their capabilities we were using was about the same. The only difference is that the H4000 takes 8-10 people to flip, while the Vi6 takes 3-4.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »

Marjan Milosevic wrote on Sun, 14 March 2010 07:02

This is just showing that we are doing more and more shows where the setup is above any logic. Those are overkill's and we are just wasting resources. Those BEs got more and more spoiled this days. Like one desk is not enough. All those wining "i prefer this and i prefer that" is annoying me. Riders are becoming wish lists and we must provide it. Grrrrrrr

It's not really people getting spoiled, it's people getting what they need to feel comfortable. Someone wasn't comfortable on digital, so they got analog. Probably what they mixed on for years before digital became so popular. The no heritage thing is kinda dumb, but if it's what they need...

The Profile is probably there for the same reason. The engineer didn't know the vi6, or uses plugins on the profile to do his show.

The only reason more consoles are showing up now is because there are more options out there. A few years ago, you either had a Herritage, or a PM5D if you got lucky. Now that there are so many more options, your bound to have people with different preferences.

Evan    
Not all change is good change.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 16 queries.