ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down

Author Topic: Active Line Array for Working Band  (Read 58634 times)

Dave Rickard

Re: Active Line Array for Working Band
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »

steve cook wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 08:42

The Qrx 212 is the most cost effective, lightest, and offers great SPL, altho is does sit a little low for ground stacking.  Pretty reasonable used pricing.  I'd rather get the PX2122's, instead, but the 212/75 is a pretty versatile box.  

Short poles are cheap and easy.  I don't remember if the 212 has pole cups though.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Rob Spence

« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »

Dave Rickard wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 13:07

steve cook wrote on Thu, 01 April 2010 08:42

The Qrx 212 is the most cost effective, lightest, and offers great SPL, altho is does sit a little low for ground stacking.  Pretty reasonable used pricing.  I'd rather get the PX2122's, instead, but the 212/75 is a pretty versatile box.  

Short poles are cheap and easy.  I don't remember if the 212 has pole cups though.

No pole cups on the QRX212 and at 80+ lbs would be a bear to get up on them too though I expect is the cabinet height that is the factor as the moment arm might simply bend the pole at the cup entrance.
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

steve cook

« Reply #232 on: April 08, 2010, 02:32:34 AM »

Well, this thread has now come to an unfortunate end.  One I had not anticipated.

I have been 'fired' from the band, as I am told I'm not a 'good fit.  

Comes as somewhat a shock to me.  Fan response was very positive.  Singer and bass player both told me everything was fine.  I think drummer is still carrying a grudge from the night that I told him to shut up when he was in the middle of a huge biatch session in between sets, in front of a fans.  Rumor has it that he told them 'it's either him or me'  which I find rather immature.  Other than that, I did my job well.

Bummer---all the hours and opinions dedicated towards the creation of the awesome PA rig---and I was leaning towards the KF850's! and all the help everyone offered, and I doubt we'll ever see the rig come to life.

I'm searching for a new gig, and branching out my horizons to regionally.  Think I have an audition set up in St Louis next week, and working on one in Kansas City.  

Thanks everyone for every bit of assistance.  Even people who had differing opinions and said 'you're stupid' or whatever.  I really appreciate that. Voice of reason is needed from time to time.

And if any of you folks hear of a guitar gig---let me know!

TJ (Tom) Cornish

« Reply #233 on: April 08, 2010, 09:41:38 AM »

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully this is one of those scenarios where it turns out better for you for leaving - better to get off the bus early in the trip than to crash 1000 miles from home in the desert.

Dave Rickard

« Reply #234 on: April 08, 2010, 10:30:07 AM »

Bummer.  This is a good chance to see what else is out there though.

Don't firebomb your old band, stick to the high ground.

Good luck.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #235 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »

TJ (Tom) Cornish wrote on Thu, 08 April 2010 08:41

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully this is one of those scenarios where it turns out better for you for leaving - better to get off the bus early in the trip than to crash 1000 miles from home in the desert.

Yup.  In the literal sense:

"If Buddy Holly could come back and give use some advice, he'd say 'Be like Waylon, take the bus!'"

Thank you and good night, Clear Lake.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Pat Latimer

« Reply #236 on: April 08, 2010, 11:01:46 AM »

Sorry to hear that Steve. That's a bummer. Hopefully you'll find another gig soon and be happy with it.

Good Luck!

"The most important of all sciences man can and must learn is the science of living so as to do the least evil and the greatest possible good".- Leo Tolstoy

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #237 on: April 08, 2010, 11:03:20 AM »

Well, that's one way for them to avoid a PA decision, albeit rather clumsy. Wink

Sorry to hear about the big trap door.  Better things will come your way.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.