ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lab12’s Autopsy?  (Read 11683 times)

Art Welter

Re: Lab12’s Autopsy?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 05:18:15 PM »

I have only had the crimp problem, all were fixed under warranty.
All were from the same batch IIRC. That would be four of four with the problem. Only one failure at a time, and one lasted approximately 75 gigs more than the other three, which failed over a several week time period, though they had been used quite a bit before failure, not the usual “crib death” you see with defects.

I don’t recall anyone from Eminence ever posting on the Lab forum, you would probably  have to ask them directly if you want more specifics as to when the problem existed and when it was noted and corrected.

I could imagine with the way distribution goes, there may be units still around that could potentially fail, and your other units may fail.

Gary Perrett

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »

Eminence says that when the surround blows out that the driver was "overexcruded". That puzzled me until I came to the same conclusion that the one driver fails and the other is no longer "fighting" the other in a push push situation, and more or less "flies apart". No other evidence of overheating or anything, but Eminence was "reticent" to replace the driver had the surround blown out. I supplied power applied, DSP setup and the fact that there were 4 LABS running at the time and only one failed...

I had one other such failure a bunch of months later... same MO...1800-2000watts, Driverack 260, proper gain structure, Brick wall limiters set, me only running the system, Livesound R&R...

Before, and after every show, I have an NL4 to pigtail and measure the DC resistance of the cabs... 3.1-3.2 ohms...good to go.
G    
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

Matt F Castle

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »

Hi Art,

Are you sure Eminence has identified this as a problem?  I ask as I have followed up my initial contact with Eminence the other day to confirm the point of failure and enquire about the likely hood of the rest of the drivers I had at the same time having the same fault and likely hood of future support if/when?

The reply I have received form one of there people (returns department so maybe not technical?) doesn't seem to know of this issue or anyone having returned any drivers because of this.

I can understand they may not publicly want to admit to an issue if one does/did exist, but...

Anyway more for my curiosity's sake and the learning cure with Lab's.

Cheers

Matt

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.