ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lamps for projectors  (Read 2097 times)

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

Lamps for projectors
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:00:51 PM »

Lamps for projectors.

I asked a question very similar to this on here back in May of 2007 so lets see if there is any new info today.

I have a couple of Proxima 9250+ projectors. The specs that I can find indicate that the bulb is a 150w unit. I have at least one extra bulb/housing that has a 200w bulb in it. I haven’t fired these up in a while and I am pretty sure that the 200w bulb is blown. I can dig out the projectors themselves and look to see what the bulb is in those if needed. I don’t know the age of the bulbs but I am pretty sure they aren’t new. These projectors are rated at 1900 lumens.

I would like to hot-rod these projectors if possible. Does anyone know how much if a difference it would make to put a higher wattage bulb in these and how high can I go?

I want to change the bulbs in the housings and not buy new housings with bulbs. Is there a place that you recommend that sells just the bulbs? I am well aware of the handling cautions when dealing with these kinds of bulbs.

Is anyone making any kind of aftermarket retrofit bulbs for projectors that uses newer bulb technology?
Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

Don Boone

Re: Lamps for projectors
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:35:38 AM »

Quote:

Does anyone know how much if a difference it would make to put a higher wattage bulb in these and how high can I go?

There's more to it than just sticking in a larger bulb. Assuming the lamp power supply would even strike the the lamp there is now 30+% more heat that will likely burn panels and polarizers in a hurry. But I doubt it would do more than blow fuses.

You can find 2500+ lumen XGA projectors for not much more than a lamp. Optima TX536 XGA 2800 lumens MAP $649.00.

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.