ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RCF TTS12-A Subwoofer  (Read 13133 times)

John Jow

RCF TTS12-A Subwoofer
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:26:02 PM »

I was wondering if anyone else in this forum has purchased or demo'ed the RCF TTS12-A powered subwoofers.

What are your thoughts about them?

Matt Errend

Re: RCF TTS12-A Subwoofer
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 12:19:55 AM »

I have one in the shop right now in on loan from RCF and have it coupled with a TT08-A on top, and it is a good sounding little package.

It is probably the only sub from RCF I would consider purchasing, but I am still not all that fond of its tone. Doing a band pass in a small box means that it's going to roll off fairly high, you really don't get a lot below 45-50Hz, with a noticeable peak at around 65hz. Distortion also becomes an issue at higher volumes.

If you need a small powered sub, you can do far worse, but I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it.

Dave Ferris

Re: RCF TTS12-A Subwoofer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 01:05:47 AM »

Matt Errend wrote on Fri, 19 February 2010 23:19

I have one in the shop right now in on loan from RCF and have it coupled with a TT08-A on top, and it is a good sounding little package.

It is probably the only sub from RCF I would consider purchasing, but I am still not all that fond of its tone. Doing a band pass in a small box means that it's going to roll off fairly high, you really don't get a lot below 45-50Hz, with a noticeable peak at around 65hz. Distortion also becomes an issue at higher volumes.

If you need a small powered sub, you can do far worse, but I wouldn't go so far as to recommend it.

I have a pair of TT08As and was considering the S12's as well. I play more Acoustic Jazz so high volumes and distortion aren't an issue but I am concerned with the tone which you mentioned you're not thrilled with. It's very hard to be able to demo this stuff in the LA area to tell for yourself. Sad
http://www.myspace.com/daveferrispiano

2005 NY Steinway D
Yamaha CP-5
RCF TT08As
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.