ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: e609 on Toms?  (Read 19092 times)

Justin Bartlett

Re: e609 on Toms?
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 01:29:35 PM »

I love the Audix D-series mics, and use the D6 extensively on kick, but I've moved to the Sennheiser e604 for toms.

The Audix mics sound great, but in my experience the Audix mic clips break too much and I find the D-Vice clamps to be a pain; I much prefer the Sennheiser clamps and clips, and that's made the difference in my decisions.

I love the e906 on guitar cabs, but it and the e609 seem like they might be a bit large for toms; YMMV.

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 02:11:46 PM »

Alright once again, my decision has been altered. I will be using my current e602 on floor toms, and sm57 on snare. I am going to pick up 2 D2's for rack toms, and either a B52 or D112 for kick, not sure yet. And eventually, an AT Pro 37 for high hats. Compiled together this should give me a pretty decent sound without breaking my budget.
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Lee Brenkman

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »

benjamin fisher wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 11:11

Alright once again, my decision has been altered. I will be using my current e602 on floor toms, and sm57 on snare. I am going to pick up 2 D2's for rack toms, and either a B52 or D112 for kick, not sure yet. And eventually, an AT Pro 37 for high hats. Compiled together this should give me a pretty decent sound without breaking my budget.

I agree with most of your choices EXCEPT your kick drum choices.

I'm in the camp that HATES the B52 in most cases and on most drums.   The D112 is better on a wider variety of drums but neither of them would be my first choice.

Of course "best mic for a kick drum?" is such a frequent question in here that it's become a running joke.

Use the search function and see what we've discussed endlessly in the past.
"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »

Lee Brenkman wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 14:38

benjamin fisher wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 11:11

I agree with most of your choices EXCEPT your kick drum choices.

I'm in the camp that HATES the B52 in most cases and on most drums.   The D112 is better on a wider variety of drums but neither of them would be my first choice.

Of course "best mic for a kick drum?" is such a frequent question in here that it's become a running joke.

Use the search function and see what we've discussed endlessly in the past.

I've never asked what kick drum mic I should get. I've used several. I prefer the D112 for rock. Thump, click, got it. And, I've read a ton of threads here and other places. It comes down to preference. A million people like the B52, a million people like the D112, a million people like the D6, etc, etc,etc. I'm pretty set on the D112, but if you want to post your "first choice" feel free, but I'm not going to search for it.
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Lee Brenkman

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 03:55:52 PM »

Cool, sounds like you've done your research and used your own ears.

That's a good thing.

I guess I've gotten too accustomed to people asking questions in here who have done neither.

"I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened."
— Mark Twain

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »

benjamin fisher wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 14:48

A million people like the B52, a million people like the D112, a million people like the D6, etc, etc,etc. I'm pretty set on the D112, but if you want to post your "first choice" feel free, but I'm not going to search for it.

I keep waiting for the "what's the best kick drum mic stand" thread.  I have no special love for the ones I own.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »

Jeff Wheeler wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 17:04

A million people like the B52, a million people like the D112, a million people like the D6, etc, etc,etc. I'm pretty set on the D112, but if you want to post your "first choice" feel free, but I'm not going to search for it.

I keep waiting for the "what's the best kick drum mic stand" thread.  I have no special love for the ones I own.

Laughing  I have one of these. It works fine.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/ProLine-MS112 -Low-Profile-Boom-Microphone-Stand?sku=454312
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »

Jeff Wheeler wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 16:04

We had that discussion a few years back.  If you search real hard, you'll find the picture of the one that Andy Peters posted and it was the best.  I don't think there will be any shootouts about them anytime soon though.
Ryan Jenkins
"Two days until the end of when I don't know what to think.  Three days until I start the cycle all over again!"

Please visit my website at http://www.murphygirl.com

Dave Rickard

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2010, 01:45:39 AM »

Jeff Wheeler wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 16:04

http://www.apexelectronics.com/products.asp?type=18&cat= 28&id=1074

http://www.apexelectronics.com/images/products/accessories/ms-108.jpg

http://www.apexelectronics.com/images/products/accessories/ids007.jpg
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Tim Padrick

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08:36 PM »

Justin Bartlett wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 12:29

The Audix mics sound great, but in my experience the Audix mic clips break too much and I find the D-Vice clamps to be a pain; I much prefer the Sennheiser clamps and clips, and that's made the difference in my decisions.

You must still have the old hard plastic clips.  The new (at least 5 years old?) clips have been 100% for me.

I agree that the Senny clips are pretty slick.  The trouble I have with the Audix is that some have a big-ass burr inside, and lock up - I have to prise on them to open them up.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.