ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phoenix Pricing?  (Read 7587 times)

Dave Rickard

Re: Phoenix Pricing?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 04:15:56 PM »

benjamin fisher wrote on Wed, 03 February 2010 14:09

Jeff Wheeler wrote on Wed, 03 February 2010 14:59

I didn't think you owned drum microphones besides a Beta 52 or whatever?

I dont, but a buddy loans me his Audix kit when I need it. When I dont need it all (more than not), I just use my e602, it sounds pretty good til I get a d112 or something.

So you may need a drum mics when you move.
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 04:24:28 PM »

Dave Rickard wrote on Wed, 03 February 2010 15:15

benjamin fisher wrote on Wed, 03 February 2010 14:09

Jeff Wheeler wrote on Wed, 03 February 2010 14:59

I didn't think you owned drum microphones besides a Beta 52 or whatever?

I dont, but a buddy loans me his Audix kit when I need it. When I dont need it all (more than not), I just use my e602, it sounds pretty good til I get a d112 or something.

So you may need a drum mics when you move.

Workin on it!
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »

That's what I mean each time I ask, "what's the best way for you to invest in your business?"  Smile

If you have enough microphones, it may not be beneficial to buy a bunch of different ones so you can always reach into your case and feel like you have the best one for the job; but when you flat out don't have enough mics for the gig, it's a good place to spend money.  Mics will keep working for you as you upgrade PA speakers, amps, consoles, etc.  In a few years you might look back and laugh at your current C115Vs, but the mics you own now will probably still be useful.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

I totally agree  Cool
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Marlow Wilson

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 04:54:11 PM »

benjamin fisher wrote on Wed, 03 February 2010 13:20

When I was speaking of adding more gear, it wasnt for bar gigs. My bar rig as it is now, has proved to be fine  for the last year and a half. If I add more gear, its to get OUT of the bar scene. So Ryan, you are suggesting I work for someone else? Fine with me if I make decent money. Need a helper? Haha.

I dont know, I guess I'll just feel the situation out when I get there. Realistically, the only changes to my rig that I will be making this year is the addition of good cases (finally) and thats really about it aside from some very small accessory type things.

'More' gear won't get you out of the bar scene.  My point was that most of the providers working profitably outside the bar scene have HUGE inventories relative to what you are thinking.  Think trussing, lifts, traditional lighting, LED lighting, moving lights, projectors (the expensive ones!), high end wireless gear, and some potent sound equipment.  

These people are doing trade shows, large corporate events, and some festival work/small arena shows.  I wasn't joking when I said $250,000 either... and frankly I think that would be a starting point.

Audio becomes the sideline and part of the 'package'.

Think about contractors who rent equipment for projects.  They all own some basic hand and power tools, but many rent cement mixers, tile saws, scaffolding, etc as needed.  It would not be profitable for them to own these things.  

Mics, a small digital desk and some SOS are for me analogous to those basic hand/power tools.
I should probably be doing something else right now....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.