ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Cases Coming....  (Read 13031 times)

Adam Schaible

Re: New Cases Coming....
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2010, 04:18:34 PM »

Typically you make cases with ball corners on the top and "dished ball" corners on the bottom (lids) - that way cases of the same width stack.  They don't normally mechanically fasten but you can get lashing straps and attach them together, or as an alternative you can use tie downs.  Lashing straps are a good thing to have, as they are basically tie downs without hardware used for bundling things together.  This is probably a good idea if you truck pack.

I'll have to get some pictures of my trailer - I think I have a really good setup.  It's not huge, 7x16 - but I do fit a lot of crap in it.  I have E-track on the walls at 1' high, 3' high, and 5' high.  I can put wedges on top of a stack of 2 subs and strap them in with the E-Track.

I've only been doing this a couple years - but I've learned in that short time that packing your gear is probably THE most important thing.  I added casters to my subs, all of my lights are in rolling cases, there's only a few items that don't wheel around.  It makes a gigantic difference.

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2010, 04:28:44 PM »

Adam Schaible wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 15:18

Typically you make cases with ball corners on the top and "dished ball" corners on the bottom (lids) - that way cases of the same width stack.  They don't normally mechanically fasten but you can get lashing straps and attach them together, or as an alternative you can use tie downs.  Lashing straps are a good thing to have, as they are basically tie downs without hardware used for bundling things together.  This is probably a good idea if you truck pack.

Ok yeah I think I know what you are talking about. I'm using ball corners, but just wanted something more mechanical.
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Adam Schaible

« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2010, 04:35:43 PM »

Check out this:

http://www.talcospecialties.com/Ratchet-Strap-2-inch.aspx

T-R5012E is the item number.  I just had them make me a special strap with a less heavy duty ratchet (4500lbs) and a piece of nylon sewn into the rachet so that it doesn't damage what it hits -- 24' long for $11.99 each.

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »

Adam Schaible wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 15:35

Check out this:

http://www.talcospecialties.com/Ratchet-Strap-2-inch.aspx

T-R5012E is the item number.  I just had them make me a special strap with a less heavy duty ratchet (4500lbs) and a piece of nylon sewn into the rachet so that it doesn't damage what it hits -- 24' long for $11.99 each.

Just stack, and ratchet huh? Seems like it should work
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Adam Schaible

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2010, 04:54:08 PM »

Yup, the recessed ball corners will provide enough stability so they won't shift even with a "cam buckle" strap.  I use ratchet lashing straps but cam buckle straps on the E-Track so that nobody puts too much pressure on the gear that's being strapped in.

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »

Good ideas, Thanks
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.