ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: STICK WITH RMX, OR GO XTI?  (Read 6021 times)

Nick Enright

Re: STICK WITH RMX, OR GO XTI?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 09:01:09 pm »

I don't consider bridging risky always, but the big system runs four way with 2x2450; 4x1450; 2xmx1500. And has 100A available when it gets setup.
Lyve Productions
Live Sound Support / Engineering
House Sound @
 -- Hastings Street Ballroom - Detroit, MI
 -- Theatre Bizarre - Detroit, MI
Owner / Engineer

Steve Ferreira

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 02:13:44 am »

[quote title=Duane Massey wrote on Sun, 24 January 2010 17:02]I did an install last year using Xti's. Th client provided all the gear, a handful of 4000's and 1 6000's. The original subs were a pair of 2x18 vented boxes, and the 6000/cabinet combo just didn't have enough thump for the room. .

quote]

As it has been mentioned here before, the leds on the front of the xtis are for input signal. I noticed my clip light would come on sometimes, but didn't sound like the amp was going full tilt. I plugged in SA to see what was happening. The input meter was about 6-7db hotter then the output. Turned up the bandpasses in the xover to match the input meters. The system came alive and now the leds on the front panel are more accurate with what is actually happening.

Take care,

Steve

Bob Lee (QSC)

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 05:53:59 pm »

This should help:

http://www.qscaudio.com/support/technical_support/current_co nsumption_heat_loss.htm
Bob Lee
Applications Engineer, Tech Services Group QSC Audio
Secretary, Audio Engineering Society
www.linkedin.com/in/qscbob

"If it sounds good, it is good."
 -Duke Ellington

Joseph Dixon

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 01:47:18 pm »

DANG! The PLX 3602 just arrived!  Very Happy  That was fast! I just ordered it 2 days ago. Free shipping - ground.

It also came with a Furman PL-8C power conditioner. I don't know what I'll use it for but oh well. Crap, I'll have to see if I can make time to get it in the rack tonight.

Todd Rasmussen

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 02:01:33 pm »

Joseph Dixon wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 12:47

It also came with a Furman PL-8C power conditioner. I don't know what I'll use it for but oh well. Crap, I'll have to see if I can make time to get it in the rack tonight.

If you don't want the Furman you could always gift it to me. Heck, I'd even pay the shipping.

Joseph Dixon

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 02:36:56 pm »

Todd Rasmussen wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 14:01

If you don't want the Furman you could always gift it to me. Heck, I'd even pay the shipping.

Well, I think I'll probably replace the Samson Powerbrite power conditioner that I use for my wireless mic rack. When you use the lights on the Samson, a big goofy red Samson logo lights up along with it...

Keith Shannon

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 05:09:49 pm »

Joseph Dixon wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 13:36

Todd Rasmussen wrote on Fri, 05 February 2010 14:01

Well, I think I'll probably replace the Samson Powerbrite power conditioner that I use for my wireless mic rack. When you use the lights on the Samson, a big goofy red Samson logo lights up along with it...

This looks like a job for some electrical tape!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.