ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Cable For Studio Quad EFX  (Read 2119 times)

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

Power Cable For Studio Quad EFX
« on: January 28, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »

I was given a Digitech Quad Studio effects unit for free, but it doesnt have a power cable, and its not a regular IEC style. Does anyone know where I could get something that will work for this so I can throw it in my rack and try it out?

Anyone used or know anything about this unit? I know it was made in 1996. As I said it was free, and figured I could keep it in my portable rack for when I mix on someone elses rig.
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Rob Spence

Re: Power Cable For Studio Quad EFX
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »

Try google? I got over a million hits.

What does the connector on the back look like?
Rob Spence
Lynx Audio Services
E-Mail Rob -at- LynxAudioServices -dot- com

Staying out of trouble
  Is easier than
Getting out of trouble

Your local Whirlwind Dealer

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 03:05:49 PM »

It's a DIN4 connector and it wants a Digitech PS0920, discontinued, which made 9VAC and a whopping 2 amps.  There are about a zillion forum threads on The Google from guitar players looking for these things.  Personally, I would throw that FX unit on eBay; because the cost and TIME it will take to find a new power supply is probably not worth it.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »

Alright, I wonder what these things go for. I'd like to be able to get even a decent unit in return.
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »

Jeff Wheeler wrote on Thu, 28 January 2010 13:05

It's a DIN4 connector and it wants a Digitech PS0920, discontinued, which made 9VAC and a whopping 2 amps.  There are about a zillion forum threads on The Google from guitar players looking for these things.  Personally, I would throw that FX unit on eBay; because the cost and TIME it will take to find a new power supply is probably not worth it.

You give up waaaaay too easily.

You know it requires 9 VAC at 2 A. Mouser, DigiKey, Newark, all of the catalogs will likely have something.

DIN4 connectors are similarly easy to find, likely from the same source as the power supply.

Obtain both. Dyke off the connect that ships with the supply or more better order one that terminates in bare wire. Solder on DIN4 connector as required by the effects unit.

Plug and play.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »

Thanks Andy, I will have to look into those websites. I'd love to keep this unit, as the ability to use 4 seperate effects is great in ONE rack space! Assuming the effects I need are of decent quality... I have never heard one of these things
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.