ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinkin About New Subs And Amps  (Read 7746 times)

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

Re: Thinkin About New Subs And Amps
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »

Adam, Ok...So forget the NL4 mod atleast for the SW118s.

I'll have to try putting each SW118 on each channel of the 802. Although the addition of another cable is a downfall, I guess its not a huge deal.

Once I pickup a SW218, I'll probably upgrade to an XLS 5000 (1800w 4ohm stereo), my 802 would only feed 800w 4ohm stereo.

Thanks for the help!

**EDIT** I just read a review on the XLS 5000 stating that you are required to run it on a NEMA-20 plug and the club has to be wired for 20 amps. This could be a possible problem....I dont know exactly what that means, but, I work at some clubs that are a little iffy on their electrical systems....Would I be better off getting another 802 and doing the NL4 mod on the SW218?
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Jeff Wheeler

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 04:27:16 PM »

The outlets you see in commercial buildings will generally look like this, which are 20A outlets called NEMA 5-20R, and they will mate with a 5-20P or a 5-15P that you are already familiar with.  So the input cord issue on the XLS5000 is not really a big deal.
index.php/fa/27649/0/

I wouldn't buy a different type of subwoofer until you are ready to sell your SW118s and change to another model.  Mixing them can cause all sorts of problems as the phase response of one type of sub may differ significantly from that of a different sub, causing cancellation.
Jeff Wheeler, wannabe sound guy / moonlight DJ

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 05:07:26 PM »

Very well, Thanks
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH

Callan Carnahan

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »

Ben, if you're down in Arizona (your location of two places kind of threw me off), then you really ought to get in touch with Art Welter. He'll be able to help you with (literally) ANY issues you may have with upgrading/setting up your system. If you're in Columbus, consider getting in touch with someone out in Chicago or up in Cleveland - there's a lot of guys from around that area on here that'd also be willing to talk to you about things via phone or whatever.

Best of luck to you!
Callan Carnahan

(BJ) Benjamin Fisher

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 01:52:17 PM »

Callan Carnahan wrote on Sat, 30 January 2010 12:44

Ben, if you're down in Arizona (your location of two places kind of threw me off), then you really ought to get in touch with Art Welter. He'll be able to help you with (literally) ANY issues you may have with upgrading/setting up your system. If you're in Columbus, consider getting in touch with someone out in Chicago or up in Cleveland - there's a lot of guys from around that area on here that'd also be willing to talk to you about things via phone or whatever.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I am in Columbus currently, however I am moving to Phoenix in June
BJ Fisher
Stealthy Sound
Columbus,OH
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.