Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge FUD Forum Archive

good subs for Bag end TA12-jr?

(1/2) > >>

patrick rodriguez:
hey!  got a pair of really nice sounding speakers bagend ta12-jr.  tiny but surprisingly good for small venues... just need some low end.  I got them tested and everything below 100hz doesn't exist... any suggestions would be appreciated
here the relevant info:

Sensitivity: 101dB 1 watt/1 meter

Enclosure Tuning: 75 Hz

Power Handling:
150 Watts continuous sine wave
600 Watts instantaneous peak

Impedance: 8 ohms full range

Tim Weaver:
Do they have tripod cups? If so an EV sb2A is an obvious choice. It is a powered sub, but with an extra amp channel to drive a top cabinet. Stick a pole in the sub and it serves as the base then stick your bagend on top. 350W for the sub and 350W for the top. Makes a nice tiny package.

They are not cheap, however.....

patrick rodriguez:
thanx for the info - your right about the sb2a's being $$... but an elegant solution for some.  i already have have a couple of qsc rmx 1450's though.   the ev sb122 seems to be the non powered version, and for @ $320 seems to pretty reasonable.  The only thing is I'm bit biased against plastic enclusures....

patrick rodriguez:
Love the search function... these look pretty good too ( for less money and better looking):
http://www.directproaudio.com/product.cfm?directid=53688

does anyone have experience w/ these?

Tim Charpentier:
patrick rodriguez wrote on Thu, 21 January 2010 21:50
thanx for the info - your right about the sb2a's being $$... but an elegant solution for some.  i already have have a couple of qsc rmx 1450's though.   the ev sb122 seems to be the non powered version, and for @ $320 seems to pretty reasonable.  The only thing is I'm bit biased against plastic enclusures....

I have an EV sb122 if you're interested in giving it a shot. It's not boomy, so it doesn't fit my business (mostly rentals to DJ's).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version