ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Theater projectors  (Read 9143 times)

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
Re: Movie Theater projectors
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 11:22:24 AM »

Todd, sound similar to our house. We're a 416 seater.

I'll have to take a look. what was your uses?? Just movies? or multi-media also?
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Todd Cooke

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »

Similar to yours.  We do show films regularly, but also have regular live shows with IMAG and powerpoint.

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 06:37:03 PM »

So if we were to get a Roadster or something similar, is there a video switcher that goes with it as a system? or is there any recommendations for that? (I assume these can just be controlled by the RS-232 port and programmed accordingly.)

Right now we have the 8200 mounted outside the projection booth from a ceiling mount. which then has an RGBHV 5 BNC cable going in and into a Barco input switcher that lives in a rack with the DVD players and such.

Would we be looking at an extron/altinex/crestron unit or something of the sorts?? It would be nice to have a wall control for play and pause etc down in the audio booth or in the concession booth so running upstairs isn't necessary.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »

Adam Whetham wrote on Thu, 21 January 2010 00:31

http://empireartscenter.com/photos/balconyscreen.jpg

There has been talk of the local indie theater renting the place to show movie's, so the thought of Digital Cinema is a big interest, although the budget isn't sure. They would like to be a little forward planning this time though.

They already do movies there so licensing is known about, they go through the correct channels and get the rights. ETC.

I just did 4 live musicals in a theater that is also used for movies. They actually use film projectors. But the thing I wanted to comment on is they sell your typical movie snacks (popcorn, soda, candy). What a mess this makes of the theater. People were spilling everything on the floor and on the seats. To clean up they were using an electric leaf blower to blow all of this mess to the front of the theater and into the pit. We had all of out amps and wireless receivers in the orchestra pit. I had to stop the person one day from blowing all of the junk around. I am saying all of this because it looks like you have a rally nice venue there and if they open it up to someone to use as a true movie theater you will want to keep the mess it can make in mind. I really hated sitting there and having my feet sticking to the floor when I tried to move them.
Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 16:01

I just did 4 live musicals in a theater that is also used for movies. They actually use film projectors. But the thing I wanted to comment on is they sell your typical movie snacks (popcorn, soda, candy). What a mess this makes of the theater. People were spilling everything on the floor and on the seats. To clean up they were using an electric leaf blower to blow all of this mess to the front of the theater and into the pit. We had all of out amps and wireless receivers in the orchestra pit. I had to stop the person one day from blowing all of the junk around. I am saying all of this because it looks like you have a rally nice venue there and if they open it up to someone to use as a true movie theater you will want to keep the mess it can make in mind. I really hated sitting there and having my feet sticking to the floor when I tried to move them.

They already do sell the same things. And Ironically they do the same thing with the leaf blower... after having to clean up without it I will tell you its much easier. But we don't blow it into the pit in the front (They're a 4ft pit under the floor in the front)

No sticky floors here. they get mopped. if soda gets spilled.

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 11:49:58 PM »

Adam Whetham wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 20:01

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 16:01

They already do sell the same things. And Ironically they do the same thing with the leaf blower... after having to clean up without it I will tell you its much easier. But we don't blow it into the pit in the front (They're a 4ft pit under the floor in the front)

No sticky floors here. they get mopped. if soda gets spilled.

They also mop at the place I was doing these shows but the floor is still sticky. So I guess they just don’t do a good job mopping up. A person sitting 2 seats away from my mix position spilled an entire large cup of soda onto her chair totally soaking it. I told the person cleaning up afterwards and he did nothing at all about it. But then he started using the leaf blower and proceeded to blow all sorts of debris towards the mix position. I had to stop him and tell him not to do that.  
Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 06:34:09 PM »

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX wrote on Sun, 07 February 2010 22:49

They also mop at the place I was doing these shows but the floor is still sticky. So I guess they just don’t do a good job mopping up. A person sitting 2 seats away from my mix position spilled an entire large cup of soda onto her chair totally soaking it. I told the person cleaning up afterwards and he did nothing at all about it. But then he started using the leaf blower and proceeded to blow all sorts of debris towards the mix position. I had to stop him and tell him not to do that.  

That might be different. We only sell 20oz Bottles. so we don't really have Horrible spills.

They were looking at fountain soda, but they decided against it for this reason.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.