ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey IPR-1600 shipping!  (Read 40101 times)

drewgandy

• http://gandymethod.com
Re: Peavey IPR-1600 shipping!
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2010, 05:40:56 PM »

JD Bennett wrote on Thu, 11 March 2010 11:22

Guys, don't blame us, blame every #@#%@#!#% semiconductor and every ceramic cap manufacturer. The only way to build anything these days is to either wait, wait, wait, or rob parts from another project. No worries about the IPR6000. When it does come out, there will be demand.  Watt to $$ ratio is too good and still will be November 2011.

I'm not upset.  And the truth is probably that even those semiconductor and ceramic cap manufacturers wish they weren't the hold up.  Maybe they're waiting on a supplier of their own.  Hmm... what if the cap manufacturer was waiting on a machine to put together a new line to make a special cap.  But the manufacturer of the machine needs a certain cool new power amp to test some stage of their machine.  And that power amp isn't shipping because it's waiting on a special cap.   They have to make chickens without eggs.

It is what it is.  We'll see what happens.  Now, that said, I am wondering if all the other models are currently having the same problem as the 6000.  Are we likely to see the 3000 or 4500 any sooner?  

And another idea.  How about sending some of the prototypes to Evan and let him beat on them for several months?  Depending on his results you would either have a solid review heading into the shipping date or you may want to just cancel the orders with those suppliers.  Wink

I'm likely waiting for the Crest versions before I decide if I'm interested in this.

drew

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »

drewgandy wrote on Thu, 11 March 2010 15:40

JD Bennett wrote on Thu, 11 March 2010 11:22

Guys, don't blame us, blame every #@#%@#!#% semiconductor and every ceramic cap manufacturer. The only way to build anything these days is to either wait, wait, wait, or rob parts from another project. No worries about the IPR6000. When it does come out, there will be demand.  Watt to $$ ratio is too good and still will be November 2011.

I'm not upset.  And the truth is probably that even those semiconductor and ceramic cap manufacturers wish they weren't the hold up.  Maybe they're waiting on a supplier of their own.  Hmm... what if the cap manufacturer was waiting on a machine to put together a new line to make a special cap.  But the manufacturer of the machine needs a certain cool new power amp to test some stage of their machine.  And that power amp isn't shipping because it's waiting on a special cap.   They have to make chickens without eggs.

Naaah, it's just that a lot of the suppliers have been putting customers on allocation because the "downturn in the economy" scared them so they shut everything down last year. Once everything that was in the distribution pipeline got used up, OEMs had to wait.

So everything, even common parts, has lead times out to the summer if not later.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2010, 11:44:02 PM »

I read there was also shortage in the sapphire substrate used to make LEDs or something like that..

Yup, everybody puckered up looking at the economy go over the edge at the end of the world, but go figure, the world is round not flat, and the sun still comes up every day. So time to turn on the chunk-a-chunk machines again.

Tho' I think the days are a little shorter since that Chile earthquake, rearranged some of our mass to a more compact arrangement.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Steve Hurt

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2010, 12:18:52 AM »

drewgandy wrote on Thu, 11 March 2010 17:40

And another idea.  How about sending some of the prototypes to Evan and let him beat on them for several months?

Screw that!  Evan's too busy playing with other people's A-List rigs!

Send it to me and I'll tell you what it will do on outlets that starve it, run it into clipping all night because I didn't bring enough amps for the rig, let it bang around in the single axle 5 x 8 trailer and deal with extreme hot, cold, moisture, and dry (well not Arizona hot....but)  

Hell, we'll toss it out of the van door at 65 mph into a puddle and then try to use it (like those old Crown amp ads) if you want!

Thats the kind of testing they need, by giving it exactly the abuse their target audience will throw at it!

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2010, 12:29:23 AM »

Steve Hurt wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 00:18

drewgandy wrote on Thu, 11 March 2010 17:40

And another idea.  How about sending some of the prototypes to Evan and let him beat on them for several months?

Screw that!  Evan's too busy playing with other people's A-List rigs!

Send it to me and I'll tell you what it will do on outlets that starve it, run it into clipping all night because I didn't bring enough amps for the rig, let it bang around in the single axle 5 x 8 trailer and deal with extreme hot, cold, moisture, and dry (well not Arizona hot....but)  

Hell, we'll toss it out of the van door at 65 mph into a puddle and then try to use it (like those old Crown amp ads) if you want!

Thats the kind of testing they need, by giving it exactly the abuse their target audience will throw at it!

But, I wanted to put them on a pair of mids and see what would give first: the mids, or the amp. Razz Laughing

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Matt Harris

« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2010, 02:57:38 AM »

Just bought one of these today to use on my monitors. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.

David Morison

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2010, 07:56:11 AM »

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 05:29

But, I wanted to put them on a pair of mids and see what would give first: the mids, or the amp. Razz Laughing

Evan

Given your new boxes are 960's, can I vote for Your Ears  Shocked

Cheers,
David.

JD Bennett

« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »

Andy Peters wrote on Thu, 11 March 2010 20:37

.......... everything that was in the distribution pipeline got used up, OEMs had to wait.
So everything, even common parts, has lead times out to the summer if not later.
-a

And that pretty well sums it up. Some parts show up late so the production managers get spooked and bump the schedule. They delay rescheduling and setting up the lines until ALL the parts arrive. Then they have to setup, build, test, pack and ship from China. Customs tosses an additional delay on the containers. From the port it's off to the warehouse for AQL testing.  Finally its off to the retailer.

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Matt Harris

« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:53 AM »

I used the IPR 1600 on my monitors and infills this past weekend. It was taking the place of an XLS-602 that had been thermalling because it wouldn't do a 2 ohm load.

First impressions-  The thing feels like a toy. I think I have some compressors that weigh more. looking inside, they could have maybe fit this into a single rack space. Most of it is empty!

The blue lights may get on my nerves later. I might slap some gaff on top of the LED's.

The amp was pushing a pair of yammy monitors and 2 veris 26 for infills so the amp had 4 ohms on one side and 2 ohms on the other.

Performance wise everything was flawless. I noticed no sound difference between this and the crown although I didn't get the chance to A/B them. Maybe I could take some traces soon.

The amp runs VERY cool, even with a 2ohm load. I also couldn't tell that the fan was blowing.  

If the Crest versions come out I'd love to replace my 9200 with something utilizing this technology.

My back will thank me.

JD Bennett

« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »

Matt Harris wrote on Mon, 15 March 2010 23:53

I used the IPR 1600 on my monitors and infills this past weekend.......

The blue lights may get on my nerves later. I might slap some gaff on top of the LED's.......

If the Crest versions come out I'd love to replace my 9200 with something utilizing this technology.......

My back will thank me.

Peavey thanks you also!
Perhaps we can convince marketing to include a pair of shades with every purchase to protect against the blues.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.