ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question about the 4Bars...  (Read 1955 times)

Joseph Dixon

A question about the 4Bars...
« on: January 06, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »

Well, I was just about to order a pair of 4Bar's. I thought I better ask a couple of questions first:

Does the 4Bar have yellow? I can't really tell from the pictures. It looks like they don't though.

I don't know a whole lot about lighting. I hope I can work these like Par cans. I did sound in a club that had this little NSI(?) controller. It had "BUMP" buttons on the bottom. I really dug that. Can the 4Bar's be worked like that?

That NSI(?) controller had 4 faders on top, 4 on the bottom, and two other fader (X & Y, ?). It was very simple, and easy to use. It did ALL I WANT. Can the 4Bar's be made to work the same way the NSI(?) controller did with the par cans?

For / or in the future, what would be the brand and model of the controller I would need to work the 4Bar's in this way from FOH?

Thank you for your help.

Steven Leonard

• http://www.sandsproductionsgroup.com
Re: A question about the 4Bars...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »

What up Joseph! Long time! How are things IN? I hope well!

Not to familiar with the the Chauvet 4 Bar LED Package.

I do know they are RGB (Red, Green, Blue) LED cans so you will obtain a "yellow" through a mix of Red and Green. Warning! Most LEDs do not do a very good yellow, or white for that matter. Hard Colors for LEDS. That is probably why those colors aren't in the fixture's marketing pics on the website.

Bump was a feature on NSI controllers. I have not come across a dedicated DMX controller that has these, however I have never worked on a NSI DMX controller. I know all those old NSI controllers can be modified to host DMX so I assume it would work. Might not react the same way though. When you bump a conventional you are hit with the max wattage the ficture/dimmer can allow. (Could be up to like 750w!)

Little different effect with a 1 watt LED Par. Not as dramatic.

For a DMX control of these I would recommend the Elation Showdesigner 1. Perfect for led stuff like this and has room to grow into things like moving heads and scanners.

If you have any questions let me know bud! Peace!
Sands Productions
http://Sandsproductionsgroup.com
Orlando, Fl
The Leonard Brothers Band
www.leonardbrothers.com
www.orlandomusicpros.com

James Feenstra

• http://www.crewspace.com/James
Re: A question about the 4Bars...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:28:17 PM »

every lighting console i've ever used has some form of bump or flash button, or for mappable dmx consoles (ie. grandMA or Vista) it's an option for the button...from small to large format

most strictly software controllers, however, are unlikely to have them as they don't respond very well to mouse clicks

in regards to amber/yellow and other 'off rgb' colors from LED lighting, the better fixtures will give you a much nicer color with regards to mixing....usually you can get the following out of pretty much anything:

red
blue
green
cyan
magenta

things like amber and white are more than a straight two color mix so cheaper units have problems getting an even color

James Feenstra
Lighting, Audio and Special Effects Design
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.