ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open 2 Editors in Studio Manager at once?  (Read 1560 times)

Matt Duncan

• http://www.mattduncan.us
Open 2 Editors in Studio Manager at once?
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:17:59 pm »

I would like to be able to open 01v96 editors at once so I can copy some channel settings between them. Is there a trick to it or is it even possible? I tried it, but with no success.

Yamaha, if you're listening, I'd like an insert/delete channel option in the 01v96 editor please!
www.mattduncan.us
G.A.S. Powered Productions

Tim Tyler

Re: Open 2 Editors in Studio Manager at once?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:51:09 pm »

Matt -

Have you tried opening two instances of SM and drag/dropping between the libraries?  I'm just guessing, but might be worth trying, if you haven't already...

-----------------

OK, maybe a solution... (on the LS9 you can simply drag & drop library files between the LS9 SM instances.)

-Open the 2 01v96 editor instances, open the library windows in each, for the library (channel, eq, gate, whatever...) you wish to work with.

-Drag the desired files from the "Internal Data" side to the "File" side of the above library.

-"Save As" the file, name it whatever you wish.

-Go to the OTHER library, "open" that file, from the popup window.  This will bring the files you saved from the "Files" side ONLY from the other library, so you don't disturb any files on the "Internal Data" side...  

Hope this helps -

-Tim T

Rick Stansby

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:04:34 pm »

Tim Tyler wrote on Thu, 07 January 2010 09:51

OK, maybe a solution... (on the LS9 you can simply drag & drop library files between the LS9 SM instances.)

-Open the 2 01v96 editor instances, open the library windows in each, for the library (channel, eq, gate, whatever...) you wish to work with.

-Drag the desired files from the "Internal Data" side to the "File" side of the above library.

-"Save As" the file, name it whatever you wish.

-Go to the OTHER library, "open" that file, from the popup window.  This will bring the files you saved from the "Files" side ONLY from the other library, so you don't disturb any files on the "Internal Data" side...  

Hope this helps -

-Tim T

+1  you can put two 01V96 mixers on the workspace, and open them both at once. You can't drag-n-drop from one to the other, but you can save a file on one, and open it on the other as Tim has described.
Rick

Matt Duncan

• http://www.mattduncan.us
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:06 am »

Thanks for the replies y'all. I managed to get two 01v96 editors open after I added a second one to the workspace. Unfortunately, I can't copy & paste channels between the two editors - which is what I was hoping to do.
www.mattduncan.us
G.A.S. Powered Productions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.