ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker placement!!!! Help  (Read 5072 times)

Dennis Wiggins

Re: Speaker placement!!!! Help
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 02:59:07 pm »

+1 on "Put the subs together".  Whether you choose the wall position (enhanced bass due to wall boundary) or stage left (perhaps better bass throughout the room) is your choice.

Turn off (or unplug) one sub at a time. Then, walk the room and determine which placement gives you the better sound.  After you decide which location is better, double up the subs there.

-Dennis Wiggins
Good music is good forever, but you can't make bad music sound good.  You can only turn it down.

Dennis Wiggins

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 03:39:08 pm »

Art,

This is exactly what I was solving on NYE.

http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/52412/16267/

In my case the resulting pattern of the two tops (irregardless of whether it was run in stereo or mono), when configured and arrayed as described, was 90 degress horizontal.

People (meaning: the patrons and the owners) really don't care "how it looks" if it sounds like it should. Meaning: Sounds clear.

Multiple sources with multiple reflections are a bad thing.

Unless I have a very wide venue (meaning wider than deep) I use a single stack, and it is NOT against a wall.

{soapbox turned on}

When are we gonna lose this "gotta be left+right" deployment in small venues?

{soapbox turned off}

-Dennis Wiggins
Good music is good forever, but you can't make bad music sound good.  You can only turn it down.

Dalton Brand

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 12:07:54 am »

Dennis,

Here here! In almost half my club gigs this past year and one strangely shaped courtyard I went with a single pile, dual PA. Minimal bass cancellation, no comb filtering and only one line-of-sight issue to overcome.

Dalton Brand
WaveBurner Sound and Recording
Mastering Engineer
Port Clinton, Ohio

"The only reason you are disappointed is that you insist on having a point" -Sai Baba
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 19 queries.