ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shootout  (Read 2290 times)

Antonio Jose Henriques

shootout
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »

Hi

Can someone give their opinion in relation to the proj. Barco RLM-W6 and the DP WUXGA TITAN 700

Art Welter

Re: shootout
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »

Antonio Jose Henriques wrote on Wed, 30 December 2009 08:14

Hi

Can someone give their opinion in relation to the proj. Barco RLM-W6 and the DP WUXGA TITAN 700

I have no experience with either unit, but the Barco RLM-W6 light output is 6,000 ANSI lumens, the TITAN D WUXGA TITAN 700 light output is 12,000 ANSI lumens.

That would be a fairly large difference on a large screen in high ambient light conditions.

Brad Weber

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »

Antonio Jose Henriques wrote on Wed, 30 December 2009 10:14

What is the application?  What are you looking for in or from the projector?  As Art noted, the Titan specs at twice the brightness while the RLM-W6 is supposedly much quieter. The Barco is touted to be "cost effective" but is brand new and pricing is not easy to find, both price and availability information would probably have to be obtained from a Barco dealer.

The video inputs on the projectors seem to show a focus on slightly different applications.  Both projectors have the usual composite video, S-Video, analog component video and analog RGBHV.  However, the Barco RLM-W6 adds HD15 VGA and HDMI while the DP Titan WUXGA 700 has DVI and SD/HD-SDI, essentially more consumer versus pro inputs.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video

Antonio Jose Henriques

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »

Hi fellows
Thanks for the tips, but, I was referring to the Titan 700 WUXGA ultra contrast has 6000 ANSI, I know well the better features and flaws of the Barco projectors because we have all the models.
But, unfortunately, I don't know how the DP projectors perform live, and what I want to find out is the comparison of live performances between the different projectors, to have an idea on what to choose.
I base my choice on the opinions of technicians and not in the spec sheets
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.