ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Houston Sound  (Read 3440 times)

Evan F. Hunter

Houston Sound
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »

Any sound techs or sound companies in Houston Texas? Im down visiting the family for a couple weeks and I am considering relocating. Im just a small weekend warrior up in Cleveland Ohio, but would like to be full time as soon as I finish school. It would be cool if any labsters in the area could fill me in on any details and what kind of market there is for sound, jobs available etcd. I will be here till the 29th if anyone would actually like to meet up to give me some insight,Im around the Cypress area. Im not too excited to leave some of my contacts and venues that I use up in Cleveland but Im thinking its about time for a change!
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"
FosterSoundStudios(at)inbox.com
(4) QRX115s (4) SRX 728s Soundcraft GB8, Mackie Onyx 1640, TC Electronics fx.

Michael_Gazdziak

Re: Houston Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 11:53:26 PM »

LD Systems has offices in Houston.

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 12:37:10 AM »

Thanks Mike, Im checking out their website now.

Evan
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"

Jonathan Schroeder

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:48:35 AM »

LD and Brightstar Productions are the two I have dealt with in my time in Houston, as well as some smaller companies, but none of them would have enough to keep you busy.  

I hear Brightstar might be expanding their sales side of things, but I am not sure about their production and Live sound departments.  

We pulled in LD last year for a major event and were quite happy with everything they did.  I was tied up in my venue, so I didn't get much of a chance to see what all they did on campus, but dealing with the company was easy and they certainly handled everything professionally.

I grew up in Cleveland Oh and moved here 3.5 years ago.  I miss the seasons, but not having to worry about driving in snow is something I don't miss.  Just get ready for the summer that doesn't quit!

Jon

Damian Aguilera

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »

There should be a decent amount of work.  Houston hasn't been hit as hard in this recession.  I heard Club Meridian needed a house tech.  (Across from Minute Maid Park.)  My main market is Hispanic maket which, by the way, is huge down here.  Can you mix timbales, congas, brass, and....... accordion??? Very Happy  Laughing
Merry Christmas

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »

Jonathan Schroeder wrote on Thu, 17 December 2009 07:48

LD and Brightstar Productions are the two I have dealt with in my time in Houston, as well as some smaller companies, but none of them would have enough to keep you busy.  

I hear Brightstar might be expanding their sales side of things, but I am not sure about their production and Live sound departments.  

We pulled in LD last year for a major event and were quite happy with everything they did.  I was tied up in my venue, so I didn't get much of a chance to see what all they did on campus, but dealing with the company was easy and they certainly handled everything professionally.

I grew up in Cleveland Oh and moved here 3.5 years ago.  I miss the seasons, but not having to worry about driving in snow is something I don't miss.  Just get ready for the summer that doesn't quit!

Jon

haha thanks Jon,

Its funny I actually LIKE driving in the snow! But I still cant stand the long cold winters. Maybe I will contact LD and see what they have to say. Maybe some employment!?
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 12:21:43 PM »

Damian Aguilera wrote on Thu, 17 December 2009 11:01

There should be a decent amount of work.  Houston hasn't been hit as hard in this recession.  I heard Club Meridian needed a house tech.  (Across from Minute Maid Park.)  My main market is Hispanic maket which, by the way, is huge down here.  Can you mix timbales, congas, brass, and....... accordion??? Very Happy  Laughing

Thanks Damian,

I can tell the recession hitting the Cleveland market, It hasnt be too terrible, but I feel like it is slowing down more here recently. Haha and yes I can mix timbales, congas and brass...but im not sure about the accordion!  Cool Its cool the club ive been working at in Cleveland has allowed me to mix and work with huge varieties of music. That is one place I will miss if I relocate.
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"

dave stojan

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »

In Houston the real money is in karaoke. For live club music you're pretty lucky to get $250~300 per night full sound & lights. I'm over by 290 & Beltway 8 - send me a PM if you're interested in tagging up for a LABster howdy & I can introduce you to some people that have worked the area for years.
Vote Quimby

Evan F. Hunter

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »

dave stojan wrote on Thu, 17 December 2009 16:15

In Houston the real money is in karaoke. For live club music you're pretty lucky to get $250~300 per night full sound & lights. I'm over by 290 & Beltway 8 - send me a PM if you're interested in tagging up for a LABster howdy & I can introduce you to some people that have worked the area for years.

Ok cool, I think I know where that is, Youll have a PM soon!
Evan Hunter
"The Loud Hunter"

Jim Rutherford

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:58:24 PM »

Check out Bayou City Sound & Video (281) 933-0867.  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.