ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding a balance  (Read 1422 times)

stevet

Finding a balance
« on: May 11, 2005, 08:29:08 AM »

We are currently running 3 suspended FOH and two subs on the floor. The subs are Peavey and the FOH are EV. We are also using a Peavey crossover. I'm not a big fan of either of the brands, but this is what our church had when I got involved in this area of ministry. Our problem is that we are hearing plenty of bass through the subs and plenty of high end through the mains, but the sound just isn't fleshed out. There's no mid range at all. I haven't looked much into how the crossover is tuned in. Could that possibly be the problem?

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Finding a balance
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:54:31 AM »

stevet wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 08:29

We are currently running 3 suspended FOH and two subs on the floor. The subs are Peavey and the FOH are EV. We are also using a Peavey crossover. I'm not a big fan of either of the brands, but this is what our church had when I got involved in this area of ministry. Our problem is that we are hearing plenty of bass through the subs and plenty of high end through the mains, but the sound just isn't fleshed out. There's no mid range at all. I haven't looked much into how the crossover is tuned in. Could that possibly be the problem?
The crossover, and any equalization in the system could definitely be the problem. You could also have a problem with equipment not working at all. There is nothing wrong with either Peavey or EV as brands, the question is more are the specific products used in your system appropriate? You also need to know that they are all working properly. As a general rule your subs should be crossed over to your full range speakers in the 80Hz - 100Hz range. You should still be getting a significant amount of low end energy from your full range speakers as they should be handling all the sound above 80-100Hz. Are your mains bi-amped? If they are you can easily check that you are getting signal out of all the components. If everything is working you need to adjust system levels and equalization good response. If there is no one in your congregation with experience at this you may want to call in a professional to help you.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Finding a balance
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:54:31 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.