ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dear lab lounge; i need a favor (about hr824's)  (Read 1426 times)

dave tesch

dear lab lounge; i need a favor (about hr824's)
« on: December 10, 2009, 01:26:58 AM »

i am building my parents 2 speaker stands for their HR824's (originals, not the newer ones) as christmas presents. the stands put the tops of the speakers slightly over ear level when seated (ok, my ears when i am seated)  Cool

problem is that i don't have access to the speakers until i give them the stands on christmas. i am going off of mackies' measurements on their website; they give the dimensions of 10" wide and 12.20" deep, roughly 16" high (less). i built the tops of my stands to those dimensions but i need someone who has these speakers to go and measure the depth of the wood section vs the total depth (because the amp section sticks out in the rear; i assume mackies' depth measurement encompasses the amp section(?)). i am using rubber feet between the top of the stand and the speakers and need to know where to put the rear feet on the stand.

if someone who has these could give me the measurement of the depth of the wood sides (same as the bottom) i would be very happy. thank you.

http://music-recording.co.uk/files/images/Mackie-HR-824-active-monitors.jpg

on second thought maybe this should be a basement topic, sorry.

Greg Cameron

• http://www.cameronproaudio.com
Re: dear lab lounge; i need a favor (about hr824's)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 01:49:36 AM »

I can probably measure the ones I have sometime tomorrow if someone doesn't get back to you by then.

Greg
Cameron Pro Audio.

"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

dave tesch

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 01:55:10 AM »

thank you. if i had to guess i'd say between 10 and 11" but i don't like to guess.

Charlie Zureki

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 03:42:18 AM »

Dave,

Measuring is one way to go about the process...Or... you could put the rubber feet on the bottom of the speakers as you are placing them on the fine stands you made for them as a gift.

No measuring needed! Smile

Merry X Mas,
 Hammer
Be prepared, you'll need it!

Clay Weston

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »

I have the original 824s. It is 10 1/2 inches from the back of the wood to the face of the cabinet.

Clay

dave tesch

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:24:42 PM »

thank you very much clay, i appreciate that a lot. the reason i need this info is due to the design of the stands' tops. the speakers sit on the feet and the feet are mounted to 1.5" blocks. this is all hidden behind a molded perimiter which also hides the mounting of the tops (tops can be rotated) as well as the bubble leveler under the speaker.

yes, i made it more complex than necessary Very Happy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.