ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: BEHRINGER OWNER BUYS MIDAS/KT  (Read 56401 times)

Iain_Macdonald

Re: BEHRINGER OWNER BUYS MIDAS/KT
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 03:33:18 PM »

Hi,

Hmmm interesting.

A while ago I posted(now zapped)a link to a quiet announcement by Behringer, that they were starting a pro division. This would be a separate entity, and possibly under a different name. Uli and Michael are doing exactly what the Chinese have been doing for the last few years. Namely, making a pile of cash from low cost high volume products. Then they are buying up brand names and any associated value. CADAC is a recent Chinese purchase. Their owners (Sun King) also bought the Studiomaster brand name, and CADAC are also designing product for that market sector. They are also the high end design centre for the Chinese parent company. The great thing about having a pile of cash, is that you can buy in IP and talent. Something that the Chinese are becoming adept at doing. Of course this is something that Behringer did when starting the company. Whilst you Americans have been laughing at all these foreign companies, it seems that they might have the last laugh. Having met both Uli Behringer and Michael Deeb, I can tell you that they are sharp cookies. I do not expect them to crash Midas/KT.

I see that this thread continues the cliched Behringer bash. Whilst they have had their 'problems', those who have worked for manufacturers far and wide, will also know of some major American companies that have received a quiet word from a competitors legal team, regarding products that are too close for comfort.

Best wishes.

Iain.

Ken Freeman

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2009, 04:17:20 PM »

I am all good until I have to go to GC to get parts for a $70,000.00 mixer.

Ken

Mike Smith

• http://www.eventtechnicalsystems.com/
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »

After thirty years of challenges and arguable "success" in pro audio, I remain connected to the trade because I love it: the art, the technology, and the tests of my skills and ability to deliver.

I buy yogurt at Wal Mart because it is a good-tasting product priced far lower than the competition's.

I don't buy Behringer gear although I understand why people do.

Both corporations are admired for their ability to cover a market and be profitable. Both are despised for ruthlessness and an apparent lack of humanity/decency/ethics/whatever.

I think a forum like this one reminds us how much we are influenced by our passions and our personal opinions.

Yay for choices.

PS Maybe Wal Mart will start selling Behringer products?
Mike Smith

Event Technical Systems

http://www.eventtechnicalsystems.com

Greg Cameron

• http://www.cameronproaudio.com
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 04:27:48 PM »

Ken Freeman wrote on Tue, 08 December 2009 13:17

I am all good until I have to go to GC to get parts for a $70,000.00 mixer.

$70,000 mixer?? My dear Ken, the Heritage 3000-48TP will be available at GC for a mere $500. If it breaks, you throw it in a dumpster (a big one) and get another one.

Greg
Cameron Pro Audio.

"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Stuart Pendleton

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »

Mike Smith wrote on Tue, 08 December 2009 16:27

At this point, chances are they may sell KT and Midas...
I am the luckiest man in the world because I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world!!

This should have been my company's slogan:
"More bars in more places."  AT&T

Ernie Bellamy

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 04:44:52 PM »

Oh well, 1 of the worlds most looked down upon companies just purchased just about the best company there is. That tells me something whether I like it or not. Who is really making the money!!

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 05:22:54 PM »

Mike Smith wrote on Tue, 08 December 2009 15:27

After thirty years of challenges and arguable "success" in pro audio, I remain connected to the trade because I love it: the art, the technology, and the tests of my skills and ability to deliver.

I buy yogurt at Wal Mart because it is a good-tasting product priced far lower than the competition's.

I don't buy Behringer gear although I understand why people do.

Both corporations are admired for their ability to cover a market and be profitable. Both are despised for ruthlessness and an apparent lack of humanity/decency/ethics/whatever.

I think a forum like this one reminds us how much we are influenced by our passions and our personal opinions.

Yay for choices.

edit-  not lab worthy... sorry  I only try to inform not inflame- /edit

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Greg Cameron

• http://www.cameronproaudio.com
Re: Wallmart
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2009, 05:55:01 PM »

This is getting OT and should probably be moved to The Basement, but you should do a little bit of studying up on Wallmart if you have the time John. They're one of the worst corporations on the planet. I for one would be mortified if they provided heath care. As it stands, they won't even provide it for their own employees. They let the states do it at the expense of tax payers because they purposely and severely under-insure and underpay their employees. If you wonder how they can sell stuff so cheap, it's because everyone else is paying for it one way or another. Like we say in live sound (there's the on-topic part), "no free lunch."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/view/

But I can't lay all the blame on Wallmart. Corporations generally speaking appear to operate in a psychopathic manner. Nature of the beast. Some more so than others. We all contribute to some degree.

Greg
Cameron Pro Audio.

"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »

John Roberts  {JR} wrote on Tue, 08 December 2009 14:22

I have a little bit different perspective on this topic than most, and I see a huge difference between Walmart and Behringer.

The interesting question Walmart begs is what is wrong about being so good at what they do? They have eliminated unneeded cost from the entire supply chain while delivering merchantable commodity products to end users. They are so good at it average competitors don't have a chance.

No doubt their size gives them remarkable power, but I don't see them abusing it (yet). Some may remember the old Montgomery Ward, and how they would build up then squeeze their vendors on price to the point they put many of them out of business. Perhaps Walmart is just smart enough to not kill their vendors.

I for one would like to see Walmart's take on healthcare delivery... not so much Behringer's, while I can already guess Behringer's approach for reducing patent drug expenses.  Rolling Eyes

My wife and I recently watched 2 documentaries on Wal-Mart.  In both of them, it was mentioned that to do business with Wal-Mart, you MUST MEET THEIR TERMS, or they will simply not carry your products. For many companies, not having their product at a Wal-Mart is certain death. It was also mentioned in both that because Wal-Mart requires a large number of items delivered (and that number is always increasing as they grow their evil empire) many suppliers (especially those overseas where labor laws and environmental concerns are lax) resort to breaking laws, and abuse labor. As Wal-Mart gets bigger, their reach and demands get bigger as well.

Yes, Wally World DOES squeeze their vendors, not only on price, but delivery.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Tim McCulloch

Re: Wallmart
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »

One man's "economic inefficiency" is another man's job, family and community.  People are the element that is not factored into the equation except as expense.

On the Uncle Tim Reading List (look out, Oprah) is E.F. Schumacher's Small is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.