ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 6th order bandpass build  (Read 38615 times)

Martin Queckenstedt

Re: 6th order bandpass build
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »

Me three!

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 06:26:31 PM »

I wonder what the company that has this as a current production model would have to say about cloning their products?

FWIW The company in question doesn't just make good boxes, it's the system working together that makes the difference. Some of us payed the price to play with the real deal system, and you will not get that with just the sub box. Have fun with it.
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Adam Schaible

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »

Tom Manchester wrote on Fri, 27 November 2009 17:26

I wonder what the company that has this as a current production model would have to say about cloning their products?

FWIW The company in question doesn't just make good boxes, it's the system working together that makes the difference. Some of us payed the price to play with the real deal system, and you will not get that with just the sub box. Have fun with it.

Whatever they might say, I doubt I'd understand it!!!

On a more serious note, there is absolutely nothing illegal/wrong with cloning another product.  It gets illegal if you try to sell and market the product.  Make a minor change or two and it's legal again - but this site isn't for lawyers anyway.

There's not that much DSP trickery in a sub box - contrary to what marketing departments might have you believe.  It might take some tweaking to integrate with the tops of my choice, but outside of that - good bass is good bass.  No phase plug witchery or anything like that to worry about.  I'm not sure where I implied that a single sub clone would give me their full system.

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »

Adam Schaible wrote on Fri, 27 November 2009 19:26

There's not that much DSP trickery in a sub box - contrary to what marketing departments might have you believe.

In most instances yes, but not in this case.
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 11:41:53 PM »

There's not that much DSP trickery in a sub box - contrary to what marketing departments might have you believe.  It might take some tweaking to integrate with the tops of my choice, but outside of that - good bass is good bass.  No phase plug witchery or anything like that to worry about.

This is a bandpass subwoofer. You will need substantial EQ, contrary to what you may believe. Regardless of what I think about copying a major manufacturer's work, at least understand what you've built.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Adam Schaible

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »

Bennett Prescott wrote on Fri, 27 November 2009 22:41

There's not that much DSP trickery in a sub box - contrary to what marketing departments might have you believe.  It might take some tweaking to integrate with the tops of my choice, but outside of that - good bass is good bass.  No phase plug witchery or anything like that to worry about.

This is a bandpass subwoofer. You will need substantial EQ, contrary to what you may believe. Regardless of what I think about copying a major manufacturer's work, at least understand what you've built.

EQ doesn't mean DSP trickery.  Pretty sure we can all tweak EQ for what we want, and I'm working on phase traces for the originals.  

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »

What other kind of DSP trickery is available in your average processor? Nothing you can do in there with delay, anyway, which leaves you EQ, high/low pass, and limiting.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Adam Schaible

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 05:06:49 PM »

That's what I'm trying to say.  I'd never try to clone a 2 or 3 way box due to the difficulties of driver integration, time/phase alignment, etc.  With a standard subwoofer (non-csa, symmetrical design) it's just EQ.  I probably won't be able to get %100 exact but I'll be able to get close enough for my liking.

The Guy

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 06:45:38 PM »

How do you find that they work in large numbers?  Your website lists that you have 8 "d&b B2 clones" with a link to the d&b website.

-J

Ivan Beaver

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 07:25:01 PM »

Jim Bowersox wrote on Sat, 28 November 2009 18:45

How do you find that they work in large numbers?  Your website lists that you have 8 "d&b B2 clones" with a link to the d&b website.

-J

I would think there is some sort of infringement in that regard.  It is one thing to call a copy your own model number, but when mentioning the particular model they are copied after and linking to THEIR website, surely something is "illegal" in some regards.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 16 queries.