ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subs on Jason Aldean Tour  (Read 14831 times)

dustin Bradley

• http://www.myspace.com/drumdogman
Re: Subs on Jason Aldean Tour
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »

i would have to agree... except that at this particular venue, the front seats are 3'-6' arced from the stage and the audience hangs out in this area, so the subs would be covered in bodies and beer all night.  i would have loved to hear how this system was at that venue.
~ dustin B

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »

Brandon Blakeney wrote on Mon, 18 January 2010 14:37

It seems like it would be way easier to have center clustered those subs in front of the stage. I have experimented by placing my subs in several different places, including on the stage, on scaffolding with the mains, and under the stage. I have found that on the ground in front of the stage is the best place Smile The low frequency sound waves seem to travel along the floor better and hit the audience right in the chest.

Explained by this earlier comment:
Chase Reynolds wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 23:13

Jason Aldean actually had hearing damage as a child which resulted in him being extremely sensitive to low frequency energy. Every effort to reduce LF wash on stage is made and still his in-ear mix is often high-passed almost to 250Hz.  They work very hard on getting a controlled tight bass response out of the subs

Centered subs would be terrible in this situation.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 03:49:31 PM »

Milt Hathaway wrote on Mon, 18 January 2010 15:45

Brandon Blakeney wrote on Mon, 18 January 2010 14:37

It seems like it would be way easier to have center clustered those subs in front of the stage. I have experimented by placing my subs in several different places, including on the stage, on scaffolding with the mains, and under the stage. I have found that on the ground in front of the stage is the best place Smile The low frequency sound waves seem to travel along the floor better and hit the audience right in the chest.

Explained by this earlier comment:
Chase Reynolds wrote on Sat, 16 January 2010 23:13

Jason Aldean actually had hearing damage as a child which resulted in him being extremely sensitive to low frequency energy. Every effort to reduce LF wash on stage is made and still his in-ear mix is often high-passed almost to 250Hz.  They work very hard on getting a controlled tight bass response out of the subs

Centered subs would be terrible in this situation.

Don't forget the J sub is cardiod, so it really wouldn't affect the stage as much. Wink

Evan
Not all change is good change.

Chase Reynolds

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 02:01:15 AM »

Stuart Hogg wrote on Sun, 17 January 2010 21:16

I'm really struggling to see the point in flying the subs, given that the bottom of the line ends up a couple of feet off the deck anyway. Can anyone enlighten me?

When I said that "every effort is made", I really mean every single, tiny, minuscule amount of effort able is put into reducing the presence of LF energy on deck.  Even if it means lifting them a grand total on 17" off of the stage.  Also, at this venue, load-in is relatively easy and at stage level already.  The J subs come off the truck stacked 3-high.  Just ride up the cherry picker, hook your motors, roll some subs underneath and lift.  It's really not that much trouble.  AND IT MAKES THE ARTIST HAPPY!

Evan Kirkendall wrote on Mon, 18 January 2010 15:49

Don't forget the J sub is cardiod, so it really wouldn't affect the stage as much. Wink

Evan

It definitely doesn't hurt.  From a logistics point of view, it even gives you more usable stage space considering you can place guitar world (or monitors) closer to the subs and still tune an acoustic guitar without too much difficulty.  Like I said before, one of the M7's ended up no-more  then a foot off of the back of the sub arrays.  Try doing that with conventional subs.

index.php/fa/27465/0/

John Fritz

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »

"Jason Aldean actually had hearing damage as a child which resulted in him being extremely sensitive to low frequency energy"

WRONG ...

PLEASE do not pass along comments such as this if you do NOT have credible information !

Chris Torri

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »

What show did you see? Where was it at?

Brandon Blakeney

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 02:04:34 AM »

Hattiesburg, MS November 09

A Man

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 10:53:49 AM »

John Fritz wrote on Tue, 02 February 2010 14:57

"Jason Aldean actually had hearing damage as a child which resulted in him being extremely sensitive to low frequency energy"

WRONG ...

PLEASE do not pass along comments such as this if you do NOT have credible information !

So, I have to ask..

What do you think about this whole thread Fritzy? Wink

(hope all is good, hit me up on CS..)

John Fritz

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 03:17:37 PM »

J,

I guess I'm glad I'm too busy putting the show in and out and up and down every week to even worry about it!

I can say that the
D&B
56 J tops
12 J subs
12 B2 Subs
6 Q10's
will make most people happy next week when we head back out !

Thank you Spectrum Sound !

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 03:17:37 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.