ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AKG HT 400 dropping sibilance, sounds like user has a lisp  (Read 5621 times)

Nate Kittelson

AKG HT 400 dropping sibilance, sounds like user has a lisp
« on: March 07, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »

I've got an AKG HT 400 wireless handheld transmitter microphone that I've really enjoyed the quality of until recently.  I have a suspicion that one of the band members at my church dropped it and didn't tell anyone because all of a sudden it sounds like whoever uses this mic has a lisp.  It doesn't matter what channel I put it on on our board, so it's not an EQ or effects issue (we have 3 other of the same model and they work fine anywhere on the board). No settings were changed on either the transmitter or receiver that I know of, but I still want to try switching transmitting/receiving frequencies to see if that has anything to do with it, but I can't seem to get the IR programming to work. So i'm wondering if it could have something to do with the cone or possibly low bandwidth or something.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for supporting the forum newbie,
Nate Kittelson

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: AKG HT 400 dropping sibilance, sounds like user has a lisp
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 07:23:55 AM »

I still want to try switching transmitting/receiving frequencies to see if that has anything to do with it, but I can't seem to get the IR programming to work
Can you do that manually without using the IR?
Try tuning the receiver from one of the "good" mics to the channel of the "bad" mic and that will tell you if it's the mic or receiver.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Michael McGee

Re: AKG HT 400 dropping sibilance, sounds like user has a lisp
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:56:54 AM »

I have had the same issue with a lispy sound using the beltpacks with a countryman headsetmic. :(

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber