ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choice of Monitor wedges, EV TX1152FM, JBL VRX 915, or MArtin LE1500  (Read 5645 times)

Marzban Irani

Hey guys, Posting after a very long time and probably the first on this forum.
Im in the market for some floor wedges and was considering looking at the EV Tour X TX1152 15" floor monitors.
Does anyone own them? can anyone review them for me?
I had also considered the JBL VRX 915m as well as the martin Audio LE 1500 as well as the MArtin Audio F15+. The LE 1500 is way too expensive so that fell by the wayside long back...
So im left with these options. Can anyone suggest which will be the best bang for the buck. or are there anyother suggestions..
Regards
MArz.
Sometimes you gotta say "What The FUCK"!!!

Matt Vivlamore

• http://www.meerkatsound.com
Re: Choice of Monitor wedges, EV TX1152FM, JBL VRX 915, or MArtin LE1500
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »

So the TX1152 is along the lines of JBL MRX512m & Yamaha Clubs which isn't going to compete with the VRX915m.  I have no knowledge of the Martin Audio offerings other than they are hell-a-expensive compared to the EX TX.
Find us on the web at: meerkatsound.com

I'm using: EV QRx212 over JBL SRX718s(2) with Crown IT's and MRX512m & MRX525 on monitors with XTi's; all controlled by Yamaha LS9-32.  I have a bunch of other stuff too.

Aaron Kovacik

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 06:14:20 PM »

The Martin LE1500 is a fantastic wedge, great sound, well behaved coverage pattern, but definitely a big investment. The JBL is one of the few JBL boxes I like, but doesn't hold a candle to the Martin. Who are you trying to please? Are you looking to fill riders? Or is this for your personal use?

Greg Harwood

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »

Aaron,

I have 4 of the TX 12" floor monitors.  I think they are a step up from the Yamaha Clubs I was using previously.  After comparing the two, the TX monitors sounded more detailed to me, got louder and required less eq...they really cut through.  I also think they look more professional.  Like Matt said, they will compare with the JBL MRX series most likely, though I have no experience with JBL.

I highly recommend them if you aren't having to keep to riders or anything.
Greg H.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.