ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reloading horn-loaded subs...what to get?  (Read 43234 times)

Elliot Thompson

Re: Reloading horn-loaded subs...what to get?
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »

Callan Carnahan wrote on Mon, 23 November 2009 17:00

Elliot Thompson wrote on Mon, 23 November 2009 07:14

Matters are worse when the customer decides the open the cabinet and dissects the driver. You’ve voided what little warranty you have left.

I figured I'd have to suck it up and bite the bullet on this one. The guy there told me to open up the cabinet to look at the speaker and then to let him know what was wrong, so we did that at his instruction. If that voided any warranty then I guess I'm much more naive than I thought  Rolling Eyes  Oh well. Live and learn.

I’ve never heard of a manufacture telling a customer to open any of their products if it is not functioning properly. The customer could hurt himself or herself during the process. The company would then be faced with a lawsuit.

If the sales representative told you to open the cabinet, he may have assumed there was a loose wire from the cabinet connection to the loudspeaker terminal. Possibly, physical damage in which is easily visible. Under those conditions, such inspections usually occur at the shop were the item was purchased or maybe a house call if the customer has a great relationship with the store. That means they buy a lot of items.  Smile

Dismantling the components off the loudspeaker chassis?

That is far beyond what the average customer would do.

Best Regards,
Elliot

Art Welter

Re: Reloading horn-loaded subs...what to get?
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2009, 02:59:53 PM »

Callan Carnahan wrote on Sun, 22 November 2009 08:52

Phillip Graham wrote on Sat, 21 November 2009 17:38

Callan,

The magnet has simply come unglued from the top plate.

From the basket layout, this driver is clearly a Selenium, though its impossible to say which model, or if it is a custom OEM.

The new drivers in the latest B52 cabinet appear to be from Celestion, based on the magnet structure design.

This might be win able QC issue discussion with B52, who in turn would talk to Selenium.

Hi Phillip, I was definitely thinking about e-mailing back the guy that I've been in contact there with and getting my point across to him that, no, it was not anything that I did that caused this to happen. If he wants to blame gravity, so be it, that'd simply be the easy way out. The glue felt very cheap and flaked when you picked at it even a little bit. Not exactly a quality speaker  Rolling Eyes

I've never had any experience with working with customer support in this sort of circumstance, so does anyone think there's a chance of winning, i.e. I get reimbursed for the speaker I just bought or get a new one from them, or would it just not be really worth it?

Callan,

The break left some of the magnet slab attached, so the glue was as strong as the slab.

The magnet, with no glue at all, is strong enough to stay in place, it takes quite a bit of gravity to separate it.

If you found the magnet laying in the bottom of the compression chamber, somebody dropped it hard.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.