ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft GB4  (Read 2335 times)

jgibbons3

Soundcraft GB4
« on: May 02, 2005, 06:56:35 AM »

Has anyone here used a Soundcraft GB4 mixer?  Have you had any problems?  I am considering a 24 channel version for our church.  I like the 8 auxes, the separate L, R, and Mono mains, the matrix, and the fact that there are 24 mono channels and 2 stereo.

Thanks in advance, Smile

Todd Updegraff

Re: Soundcraft GB4
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 08:18:32 PM »

Hello,

I purchased the GB24 about 2 months ago. (To use in my personal system)  It's a great board! You can't top it's quality with anything else in it's price range. I really can't find anything to complain about.  I am the sound tech at church, and we have a Mackie 24 and the GB4 blows it away! As you mentioned, the 8 auxes are awesome! You won't find that in anything close to the GB4's price range.  I love the mute groups!  When running mono, you can actually have 6 mix buses!  Again, UNLIKE the Mackie, you have 24 mono channels and the stereo channels have XLR in's on them.  The ONLY negative thing that I can think of is the 2 returns on it don't give you alot to deal with.  No EQ, & limited routing. If you run effects, I would run the return to one of the stereo channels.  I've found this to work alot better.  It's also nice to have a fader control on your returns.  If money is available, I would check out the GB8 series.  8 groups and there is a bit of difference in how the auxes are set with regards to pre/post.  Check Soundcraft's website for more info.  

Nul76

jgibbons3

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 06:41:37 AM »

Thanks for the response Nul76.  Its good to hear from someone who has actually used the board.  We went ahead and ordered the GB4-24 last week based on the limited reviews on the net and the outstanding specs.  I hope to receive the board this week.

Mike Sveda

• http://www.cohglory.org/Sunday@7/index.html
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 02:06:20 PM »

Seventh Day Slumber owns a GB4 and is using it on their new tour.

Dan Brown

• http://www.myspace.com/thesuperspike
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »

Only because the other board they had, had to be "given" back to the guy they "bought", i mean "borrowed" it from for a YEAR and a HALF.  Along with mics, monitors amps and EQ's.

Well at least he got them back.
Dan Brown
REACH Communications

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 03:14:27 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.