ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McCauley and box  (Read 4497 times)

Douglas R. Allen

• http://-
McCauley and box
« on: October 10, 2009, 03:42:22 pm »

I picked up a McCauley speaker in a box. (B1560)
The box inside is 21 1/2 wide , 18 high, and 19 deep for 4.25 cubic feet. This is not subtracting the volume of the ports/driver.It has two slot ports on the bottom. 2 inches high,10 1/2 wide,9 inches deep. All 3/4 inch wood stock.

Speaker spec's are.

Fs = 31, Hz
Qms = 8,01
Vas = 280, liters
Xmax = 6,5 mm
Sd = 890, sq.cm
Qes = 0,39
Re = 6, ohms
Le = 1,6 mH
Z = 8, ohms
Pe = 400, watts

Although the box is umm... low cost it doesn't rattle and is good enough for now...

index.php/fa/25441/0/

Anyone bored and like to run this through a speaker box program and see if the box is even close? Again this is just the box I got the speaker in. I was wondering how far off it is or is not.

Thanks

Douglas R. Allen
Allen Audio

"The worst thing is."
"You can't teach common sense."

Gerry Law

Re: McCauley and box
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:49:45 am »

Douglas

Net volume would be around 4 ft. The slot vent calculator at www.carstereo.com says 40Hz tuning (BassBox doesn't do slots). Results below.

Gerryindex.php/fa/25445/0/

Douglas R. Allen

• http://-
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:41:49 am »

Gerry.

Thank you for checking the box for me. It looks like it will be fine for its intended use. An add on low freq box for a 12/1 drum monitor.
Driving it will be a 240 watt at 8 ohm amp with 40hz low cut / 100hz high cut. This box doesn't have to be producing rolling thunder just a little more low end that the 12/1 being used now does. So far it does sound pretty good playing cd music through it. I will check it with smaart if it ever stops raining.  Rolling Eyes

Kindest regards;

Douglas R. Allen
Allen Audio

"The worst thing is."
"You can't teach common sense."

Art Welter

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:17:04 pm »

Gerry's info looks good, though I think it may be more like 45 HZ FB, though a 40 HZ HP would still be OK with a 45 HZ FB.

With a bigger box you could go lower, but would run out of excursion sooner- looks like the box will work good for what you want it to do.

You can do a quick test with a sine wave tone and a white dot on the speaker to see where the FB really is, the speaker will have minimum movement at FB.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.